- I wonder about getting ready. I wonder what your family does to get ready to celebrate Christmas.
*Our elf comes out, we put up our Christmas tree and put the star on. (grade1)
*We decorate with wooden figures, wreaths and trees. (g1)
*We put out our nativity scene (g1)
*Put decorations up (g2)
*Buy presents (g2)
*Have an advent calendar (g3)
*Get a tree very late (g3)
*We decorate (g3)
*You pray together as a family on Christmas Eve (g3)
*We decorated all in one day- it wasn't that bad (g4)
*We have 2 trees at my grandma's house (g4)
*Christmas tree, decorate, nativity scene (g5)
2. I wonder if there are special things you might do at your house to remember what Christmas is really all about.
*We put out our manger scenes (g1)
*Three wise men- we only get 3 gifts (g1)
*Nativity scenes (g2,3,5)
*Put out all the people who came to see Jesus (g2)
3. The prophets told the people of God that a new king was coming. I wonder what you think they expected? What kind of king do you think they thought he would be?
*They expected a king with a crown and an army (g1)
*A grown up (g1)
*A good king, but not perfect (g2)
*A rich king (g2)
*A royal king (g2)
*A rich man's son (g3)
*Big strong and powerful (g3)
*Have a crown on his head (g3)
*A king with horses and an army to stop Caesar (g5)
4. I wonder what your thoughts are on why God sent Jesus as a baby.
*He was special (g1)
*He was an unselfish king (g1)
*He didn't want to hurt anyone (g1)
*Kings can be babies too (g1)
*To make people believe God better (g2)
*So people would know him as he grew (g3)
*So he could live a normal life (g3)
*So he could teach people (g3)
*Didn't want Jesus to be a typical king (g5)
*So Jesus could grow up. Jesus could be a child and still be God's son (g5)
5. In our time together today, we talked about how prophets know the most important things and show the way. I wonder if you remember any prophets from our Sunday school lessons and what it might be like to be a prophet.
*King David and the people, Jesus' people, Jesus and Jonah, the Israelites (g1)
*What's the most important part? That some people were so close to God they knew what God wanted them to tell the people. (g3)
*Prophet shares the word of God. We can be a prophet through what we say and do (g5)
See more of our Sunday school photos on our Facebook page!