Q - Why is the North Fork Ambulance forming a Special District? Is it really important?
A - Forming a special District is a proactive step to ensure everyone in the valley has a financially stable and suistainable ambulance service that can serve people with professionalism and compassion. Financial responsibility for this service would be shared by the residents and taxpayers who have a perpetual interest in the health and well-being of all people in the North Fork valley.
Q - What are the benefits of a Special District to me as a resident?
A - There are many benefits to our residents. These include:
- Response times as quick as possible.
- High levels of responder training.
- Quality ambulance service is maintained without interruption
- Equipment and vehicle replacement plans are in place
- Ambulance stations can be improved and infrastructure upgraded
- On-Call staff is retained and new members are attracted.
Q - What will the funding of a Special District Cost me as a Property Owner?
A - The annual cost will be about $41 per $100,000 of residential property value.
For example, If your home is worth $200,000, you will pay $82 per year or roughly $6,83 per month.