It is hard to believe that we have only one-and-a-half more school days left in 2016. (That's right, don't forget Wednesday is an early release day!) With 2017 right around the corner, we are eager to share our fundraising plans for the remainder of the school year.
Beginning in January, we will launch our annual fund drive, which we are calling the
Lab Innovation Fund. We depend on our family, friends, community, and private foundations to help fund many of the activities that make our school special and to provide an innovative learning environment. Money raised as part of our annual fund drive will be used to supplement our operating budget and help us accomplish our ambitious goals.
Every gift matters; and I hope that every family will show support by making an annual gift of any size to the
Lab Innovation Fund. Gifts to this fund are unrestricted and will be directed toward the following initiatives:
- Technology: Our goal is to double our inventory of Chromebooks and Tablets, which will help support our personalized learning goals and integrate technology into additional subject areas.
- Library Enhancements: Additional investment in our Humanities and Nonfiction Libraries, as well as subscriptions to online learning portals such as Flocabulary, Mathletics and RazKids, will strengthen our robust curriculum in core subjects.
- Facility Upgrades: While the major renovations to our facility are complete, we have a few small capital improvements on our wish list, including the multi-purpose space.
- Staff Development & Retention: You know our staff is special! Investment in professional development opportunities and competitive compensation for teachers will help us continue to attract the best teachers.
- After School Program Scholarship and Enhancements: We have many wonderful enrichment and extracurricular programs available to students through our After School Program. We would like to fund additional scholarships and increase the availability of tutoring for struggling students.
While we will officially launch the Lab Innovation Fund in January 2017, we know that some families would like to include Lab School in their year-end giving plans. All gifts made before the end of the year will also count toward this fund. We are still finalizing our financial goal for the campaign, and that information, along with additional details, will be shared next month.
We welcome your gift now or in 2017--whatever works best for your family. Regardless of the timing, you can make a gift in the following ways:
- Download this gift form and return it to the school via mail to 301 E. 9th Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 or drop it in our mailbox at the front entrance to the school.
- Make a monthly or one-time donation online using our secure website.
- Make a pledge, payable any time prior to May 1, 2017, and let us know your giving plans.
Again, keep in mind that we are looking for 100% participation from all families; a gift of any size is truly appreciated.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. And, stay-tuned for more information about our annual fund drive after the new year.
Mary Moss Brown
Head of School