This Week On The Chainlink - the update from thechainlink.org.
In The Media
Featured Events This Week (check out the calendar for a full list of events)
- All Week - Bike Commuter's Challenge details
- Friday - Re-Cycle Presented by EuroCHI details
- Saturday - Buffered Bike Lane Ride details
- Saturday - World Naked Bike Ride details
- Sunday - SheROX Triathlon details
- Thursday - Mini-Loop Bike Tour details
On the Forum
- Stamp 'Em! - The postal service has just released new bike-themed stamps. Get 'em while they last.
- Bars showing Tour De France? - Where are we going to watch the race?
- Riding to Lake Geneva on Saturday - A Chainlinker looking for advice on regional touring and riding partners.
- Turin Bicycles??? - Anyone know about this sudden name change and what does this mean for one of Evanston's staple bicycle shops?
- Vote for the Winning PSA Contest - Four videos have been selected as finalists in the first ever Bike Chicago's Bike It Everywhere, Chicago! PSA Video Contest. Voting ends Thursday, June 14.
- Albany Park Cyclists? - Former Rogers Parker moves west and is looking for route suggestions and cycling neighbors.
June's Featured Blog - Bike Fancy is people looking good on bikes, Chicago and beyond. We also look back to 2010 when Martha Williams was looking for her first "chic" models and what that term means to some.
Volunteer Opportunities - We'll be tabling at several events this coming week. If you want to help out, email email@example.com.
Events This Week (Detailed)
- Bike Commuter's Challenge - Celebrate Chicago Bike to Work Week! Compete to see your office honored as the greenest and healthiest in Chicagoland. Here's a list of freebies, events, and locations near you to help celebrate Bike To Work Week. We may do it later in Chicago than the rest of the nation, but we do it right!
- Re-Cycle - Bringing together bicycles, artists, and the community in celebration of Chicago's growing urban bike scene for a one of a kind exhibit featuring 6 artists' interpretations of a bicycle.
- Buffered Bike Lane Ride - Chicago has created over 20 miles of buffered/protected bike lanes so far this year! Come celebrate this with a fun ride through most of them and then cap it off with a Beefy Hot Dog from Hot Doug's!
- World Naked Bike Ride - This is bare-as-you-dare event includes outfits ranging from body paint to fanciful costumes to beach-wear.
- SheROX Triathlon - This Naperville race was formerly part of the U.S. Women's Triathlon Series. It's the only all women's tri in the state. Go ladies!
- Brett Cohrs summarizes it well Bike-themed movie viewing is another fun-filled way to celebrate cycling next week. Visit the Goose Island Brewpub Monday night for a screening of "Bike Shorts." On Tuesday, choose between riding your bike to the Whole Foods Market in Lincoln Park for an outdoor viewing of "The Breakfast Club" or head to Millennium Park for the cycling cult classic "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure." That's a tough choice - a rebel without a cause or a rebel without a bike... Prior to the feature, we'll show the finalists for the Bike Chicago PSA contest. So grab your helmets and bike lights, pack your picnic baskets and blankets... it's gonna be a great night!
- Mini - Tour of The Loop - Join a free 2-hour mini-bike tour led by Lee Diamond of Chicago Neighborhood Bike Tours. Pedal over to Buckingham Fountain to learn about some of Chicago's most notable historical landmarks and districts. Ride limited to 150 participants. Pre-registration is required.
|The Chainlink is a proud member of Local First Chicago, The Alliance For Biking and Walking, League of Illinois Bicyclists, Active Transportation Alliance and the Chicago Cycling Club|Current Chainlink Member Count: 7192 Thanks for being a part of The Chainlink! Kelly (fabulous writer of this email), Julie and The Chainlink Team
P.S. If you'd like to support The Chainlink please click here to find out how.