The Voice Over
Free Career Center Newsletter
From Edge Studio ... an international team of voice over experts
who help you start, build, and grow your voice over business.
|NEW TO VOICE OVER?|
. . . Discover if Voice Over is for You with this Coupon!
New to Voice Over?
DISCOVER IF VOICE OVER IS FOR YOU
Participate in the "Investigate Voice Over Class" for $99 (usually $127) with this coupon!
In this exciting 4-hour class, you will learn the opportunities the industry presents, have a top-working pro assess your potential, and gain a candid evaluation report.
- If you show potential, we'll tailor a game-plan and match you with coaches based on your voice, location, and interests. We'll help you pinpoint your most marketable genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.). And you can credit the $99 to our demo-program.
- If you don't show potential, we'll candidly tell you.
It's a practical and comfortable way to determine if voice over is for you.
You'll get an immediate $28 savings from one of the best voice over evaluations in the industry. It's never been easier or more cost-effective to get your questions answered.
Click here to participate in this voice-over evaluation for $99 (usually $127). Enter coupon code: OnlyChargeMe99.Available by tele-class and in-studio (in Los Angeles, New York, Connecticut, Washington DC)
THIS WEEKS: WEEKLY SCRIPT RECORDING CONTEST!
. . . Last Week's Winners & Prizes AND This Week's New Contest
The Weekly Script Recording Contest
Each week, Edge Studio hosts a free script contest. Every entrant wins and prizes are awarded to the top finalists! But the most beneficial part is what comes after: You can read why the winners won and others didn't. Doing so will train your ears, help you audition better, and please more clients.
Hey, you should practice anyway.
And now win a prize and sharpen your skills for doing so!
Participating is easy!
- Every Friday morning, a new contest is posted on our website.
- Record it at your home studio and upload your entry by Tuesday 11:59pm ET. Click here to submit your entry!
- Wednesday and Thursday, entries will be posted here so you can compare your work against your peers, and "Like" your favorites!
- Every Friday, come back to the contest page where we announce the winners we've selected, prizes, and give valuable feedback on the entries (that directors in real auditions don't typically provide). Then, we go back to step 1 and begin a new contest!
Note: If you have won any place (1st place, 2nd place...) in the past two months, you are not eligible to win any place in this week's contest. Why? To reward other entrants who have improved in that time. But we encourage you to enter nevertheless, for practice and to demonstrate your capability.
Last week's contest:
Click here to:
- Hear last week's winners and see what they won!
- Read our director's comments on "Why some voice talent did NOT win"
- Claim your prize just for having entered!
This week's NEW contest:
Good at tongue twisters? Then this audition is for you! We don't care who we hire (either gender, any age). What we want is a voice actor who can get through the following copy in 10-seconds while injecting a LOT of personality (not character) into it. Play with the words. Have fun. Be funny on one line, smug on another, flip on the next... whatever you want is fine. We just want this to be memorable, funny, and 10-seconds. Anyone who can do that will win our hEARts and may become the spokesperson for our national brand. No slate please.
Hey Hal, how's your head?... Happy? Nice. Well Harpers' has hats for him and her for half-off! But hurry, 'cause Harpers' hats half-off sale has huge heads humming! Harpers' hats... for him, for her, for happy heads!
● 1st place wins two free months of Edge Studio's Phase 4 training series, which includes coaching by David Goldberg, in his professional's only, Advanced Performance Clinic! Read bio! Phase 4 details!
● 2nd place wins a free 30-minute coaching session with an Edge Studio coach of your choice - meet them all!
● 3rd place wins a free Checkup session with an Industry Expert. - meet them all!
● Just for entering, have your submitted audition personally evaluated by an Edge Studio voice coach or audio engineer! Only $20 (reg. $27). Just click here to upload your entry to our checkup site, and check out with coupon code EntryPrize20.
CLICK HERE to submit your entry and get a prize!
|FREE AND OPEN "VOICE-OVER TALK TIME!"|
. . . This Sunday - Voice-Over TechTalk
What are you talking about on Sunday?
"Voice-Over Talk Time" is a free time to speak openly
with like-minded people, interested in the same topic.
V.O. TechTalk: Talk about all things home studio! Mics, sound pads, editing. . .
First Sunday of every month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. ProTalk: For working pros only! Client issues, swap ideas, network. . .
Second Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. TrainingTalk: Training? Speak with others doing the same!
Third Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. TopicTalk: If in the union do you/would you accept non-union work?
Fourth Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
No agenda, no outline. Just call in, join the discussion, ask questions,
mingle, network, and build relationships with your peers!
Dial 1-641-594-7078 (no registration necessary)
from any telephone (cell, landline, Skype, ...).
Moderated by EdgeStudio.com.
It's free, and anyone can join the call!
|FIND VOICEOVER JOBS THAT MATCH YOUR CRITERIA!|
. . . Check out Voice123.com & Start Submitting Auditions Today!
Voice123.com handles projects of all types. No matter your expertise, Voice123 will find projects that match them.
Jobs are available, whether you:
- Are union or nonunion ...
- Have a home studio or not ...
- Can do post-production work or just deliver raw voices ...
- Have been working in the field for 40 years, or you are just starting your voice career ...
- Speak English, German, Chinese, or any other language ...
|1 WAY TO SAVE ON LOTS OF AUDITIONS!|
. . . Mention Edge Studio And Save 10% Or More At Voices.com
Edge Studio is now working with Voices.com to help voice talent take their careers to the next level.
Edge Studio partners with Voices.com to help take your career to the next level.
- Enter the coupon-code: 10%Edge on the Voices.com website and receive 10% off.
- Or are you a current Phase 2 student at Edge Studio? If so, enter the coupon-code: 25%Edge on the Voices.com website and receive 25% off.
|Casting Call For Audiobooks|
|WEBSITES FOR VOICE OVER TALENT|
|CHECK VoiceOverXtra DAILY & Get On With Your Career!|
|Talent listings in AudioFile's Audiobook Reference Guide NEW OR EXPERIENCED, put your voice in front of directors and producers who cast audiobooks.AudioFile, is the source of all things audiobook, and the Guide's Talent listings have the features audiobook producers asked for!● Multiple voice demos● Audiobook credits linked to reviews● Agent & Contact information● Accent & language skills● And moreList in AUDIOFILE'S AUDIOBOOK REFERENCE GUIDE. Just $160 includes AudioFile magazine professional subscription. Click here to find out more OrGuide@audiofilemagazine.com or 800-506-1212 or www.audiofilemagazine.com.
|Website & Graphic Design for Voice Talent.
Are you in need of an effective website, biz card, CD, or logo design to help advertise your voiceover business? If so, we invite you to check out the web and graphic design services offered by ArtistUpgrade.
ArtistUpgrade is an NYC-based boutique graphic design company dedicated to providing voice talent with quality website and graphic design specifically tailored to meet the demands & unique needs of the voice over industry.
ArtistUpgrade Specializes In:
● Custom design
● Unified brand development ● One-on-One attention from design to delivery ● One Stop Shopping Convenience ● Our signature One Page Voiceover Website
● **NEW** All inclusive Marketing Packages
We Love Edge: Mention "Edge Studio" for an exclusive discount on your print or website design!
to Get Started
More info visit: www.ArtistUpgrade.com
or Email: email@example.com
or Call: 646-770-0110
|FREE! Learn insider tips and techniques from the pros - voice acting, home studio, marketing, career - and so much more. New subscribers receive 14 valuable reports by industry experts: How To Ace The Audition.VoiceOverXtra ... The Voice-Over Industry's Online News, Education & Resource Center ... Your Daily Resource For Building Voice-Over Success.Click here!
|YOUR NEWSLETTER PREFERENCES|
. . . Update It Here!
Which voice over educational newsletter do you want?
- Special Offers On Voice Over Training - Find out about voice over instructors who offer special learning prices, exclusive classes from Edge Studio, new training techniques, and more.
- Voice Over Edge-ucation! - Start Monday off with a dose of Voice Over Edge-ucation. Unique and valuable tips and articles to help you start, build, and grow your voice over business.
- The Talkback - Keep up with voice over technology, production shortcuts, casting insight, and more! Once a month, The Talkback delivers cool new info!
- The Voice Over Free Career Center Newsletter - The Free Career Center provides free tools for voice actors to build their VO business. Each Tuesday, get a new script contest AND a free resource! Each Friday get winners and prizes!
- Voice Over Community Newsletter - Every Thursday we interview a voice talent, prepare voice over surveys, and more. This is a great chance to get to know your VO neighbors!
- Spanish Voice Over Newsletter - Stay informed of Spanish training workshops, special clinics, and the latest news and information on Spanish voice over.
- Voice Over Casting Notice - The Production Department at Edge Studio casts voice over artists EVERY DAY! When our clients request a voice-type that's not in our library, we send out this notice.
Click here to update your preferences:
Step 1) Re-enter your email address where it says: "Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list." Hit submit.
Step 2) Done! You will be emailed a link which leads you to our newsletter selection. Check any that interest you!
Our goal is to provide information that is useful and will help your Voice Over career, not to crowd your inbox with unwanted emails. Please only sign up for the free emails you want. Unsubscribe at any time.
We will never sell our email list to anyone else. We respect your privacy and personal information.
|ABOUT EDGE AND CONTACT EDGE|
. . . Our Contact Information Is Below
Who What Where is Edge Studio?
Edge Studio is an international team of voice over experts who help you start, build, and grow your voice over business.
And we're the most recognized and trusted voice over training organization, always glad to help any way we can. Hey, 1,000 new professional voice actors can't be wrong!
Specifically we help:
Could we hire you?
- Aspiring voice-actors determine if they're marketable, and if they are, we personalize training programs to match their voice, interests, and strengths, and provide the performance and business skills they'll need for success.
- Established voice-actors increase their business by exploring new VO genres, enhancing their delivery, learning new studio tricks, consulting on business practices, and getting out of ruts.
- The Voice Over Community by sponsoring the industry's Free Career Center.
Yes. Because we only train those with potential (yes, we turn others away), and because we train them correctly, we promote their demos to our production clients. (Our production clients range from Skype web-tutorials to Marvel Comics animated productions.)
Questions? Comments? Want to chat? Please feel welcome to say hi!
● Telephone & Skype Training 888-321-edge
● New York 212-868-edge
● Los Angeles 310-312-edge
● Washington DC 202-398-edge
● Connecticut 203-334-edge
● Since 1988
● Member SaVoa
● Member Better Business Bureau
● Sponsor National Public Radio, Learning Ally
At Edge Studio, you're in very professional company!
Edge Studio trains news agenciesGood Morning America ● Fox News ● CNN ● National Public Radio ● Associated Press ● ESPN ● Discovery ● Lifetime ● Bloomberg Radio ● CBS ● countless radio stations ● countless networks professionals
Edge Studio coaches TV actorsStyle Network's reality show "Clean House" ● Star Michael Schulson in Style Network's "Pantry Raid" ● Star Jason Cameron in TLC's "While You Were Out" ● Star Lisa Loeb in E Channel's "#1 Single" ● PBS's "POV" ● Stars Angeline Hartman and Tom Morris in "America's Most Wanted" ● many others
Edge Studio directs celebritiesMel Brooks ● Joan Rivers ● Phil Donahue ● Kate Jackson ● Eartha Kitt ● Tom Brokaw ● John Ratzenberger ● Method Man ● Geoffrey Holder ● Denise Austin ● Mark Linn-Baker ● Lisa Loeb ● Robert Vaughn ● BD Wong ● Melissa Joan Hart ● Mason Adams ● over 35 Broadway leading actors ● over 40 leading television actors