Highlights from the June
Hawthorne Diabetes Group gathering
Summer's here and we're in vacation mode!
Here are some tips on how to take a safe diabetes vacation this season.
For more detailed information on each of these tips, visit the Tips & Tools page at www.3peachesnutrition.com and download the "Taking a Diabetes Vacation" handout.
1. A safe vacation doesn’t last too long and involves planning ahead.
2. An unsafe vacation from diabetes is ignoring your diabetes; it is something that might go on for a long time and can threaten your health.
3. Include your healthcare team in a vacation plan.
4. For a safe diabetes vacation, one good guideline is to do the very basics of your diabetes management responsibilities.
5. Consider bringing in another person who can help with your diabetes care (ex: cooking a meal, checking your blood sugars, tracking medication and supplements).
Click the link for a second great resource on this topic: Personal Rewards: Ways to Treat Yourself without Food