National Park Service
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR MLK DAY OF SERVICE AT MONTEZUMA WELL
Join park rangers at Montezuma Well on Monday, January 15th from 10am - 3pm for Martin Luther King Day. To honor Dr. King, many organizations around the country are offering opportunities to serve others.
Rangers at Montezuma Well need help with:
- Weeding & tilling the traditional use & pollinator gardens
- Creating native seeds balls
- Cleaning out irrigation ditches
- Removing invasive plants (like pesky Johnson grass and Russian thistle)
- Trail maintenance (raking mulch, clearing debris, trimming branches)
Participants will also learn about native plants and their cultural uses.
We will provide extra water and tools, but please bring a water bottle, wear sturdy shoes, work clothes, a hat, and gloves if you have them. We will be offering free lunch!
Please RSVP by Thursday, January 11
Montezuma Well is located at 5525 W Beaver Creek Rd., Rimrock, AZ 86335. For more information, please call 928-567-3322 x 0, or visit www.nps.gov/moca
Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot National Monuments
928-567-5276 x222 Office