ULEM is Hiring Now!
Dear ULEM family,
The Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts is now hiring for an IT Systems Administrator as well as Grant Writer / Development Assistant.
Please find jobs descriptions below:
IT Systems Administrator (6 month contract)
- A high degree of technical expertise with the ability to install, configure and support the firm's local area network & internet system.
- Strong knowledge of Window server and desktop environment, exchange server, virtual network and IP voice solutions.
- Maintain, upgrade, install and troubleshoot networks, networking hardware devices and software.
- Develop and recommend implementation of policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Implement network projects and solution. Create and revise current network diagrams and documentation.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users & perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- May supervise other network support & client server specialists & plan, coordinate and implement network security measures.
- We require a forward thinker who can work independently, have the ability to prioritize requests, meet deadlines and must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Microsoft VPN networking
- Microsoft Exchange Server Administration Linux / Unix server administrations, including web serving and email serving Excellent written and verbal communications skills Excellent analytical reasoning skills and problem solving ability.
- Bachelor degree in Information technology or or equivalent, or at least 4 years of related experience.
Please note: The Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires pre-employment reference and background screening. Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts IT is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship. This position has a 180-day probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for the Network & Systems Administrator please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls or emails from 3rd party recruiters. The Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts will not pay a fee for this search.
Grant Writer / Development Assistant (Part-time)
Part-time Grant writer/Development Assistant needed for 20-30 hours a week at the Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts in Dudley Square, Roxbury. www.ulem.org The Urban League has an amazing office environment with people who have positive attitudes, work hard, and care about helping the inner-city poor receive job training, job placement, and wrap around case management support to become self-sufficient.
Assistant must have 2-3 years of grant-writing experience and be knowledgeable of Foundations/Corporations who fund the poor and/or workforce development. Must have used the AGM format in previous work experience and be able to pay strong attention to details and deadlines. This individual must take initiative and be assertive to work with a team of individuals in order to get the information one needs to write the proposals and reports that are due. Must be a fast learner and be able to multi-task.
One year of DonorPerfect Online experience is preferred but similar database experience is acceptable. Experience in processing donor acknowledgements is preferred. Also, experience with Constant Contact and sending out E-communications is a plus.
Assistant would have their own office. The Urban League is T accessible and we have a parking lot for all employees. Compensation is commensurate with experience - $25-$30/hr contractual agreement with flextime.
Please send cover letter, resume, and two writing samples of proposals you have written that have been funded to Amy Malkemes, email@example.com. NO phone calls. Search opens March 13, 2012 and will end as soon as the position is filled.