See below an UPDATED agenda of events taking place August 3-5, 2013, Marilyn Monroe Memorial Weekend. We hope we'll see you at some (or all) of these events.
Currently at the Hollywood Museum: Marilyn - The Exhibit. The museum honors Marilyn's life and legacy with the nation's largest exhibit of authentic memorabilia, commemorating the 51st anniversary of her passing. For more information about this exhibit, click here.
Saturday, August 3
Sunday, August 4
- 9:00 AM: "Marilyn's Hollywood" A tour showcasing Marilyn Monroe locations throughout Hollywood. Scroll to the bottom of this announcement for more information.
- NEW - 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM: Becoming Marilyn Monroe - A Performance Art Installation. Pieter 420 West Avenue 33, Los Angeles, CA 90031. Visit www.alicetoohey.com for more information.
Note: Unfortunately, George Barris will not be attending this book signing as previously announced.
Hollywood Museum entrance fee: $15
- NEW - 6:00 PM: A complimentary screening of "The Final Days" at the Historic El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood, co-hosted by Marilyn Remembered Fan Club President Greg Schreiner. This documentary has never been shown in a movie theater. Don't miss this chance to see Marilyn Monroe in her final film, shown on the big screen. This showing is free to Marilyn Remembered members. Snacks will be provided, and spirits will be available for purchase in the lobby. Theatre Address: 5269 Lankershim Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA 91601.
Monday, August 5
Marilyn Remembered gratefully acknowledges Heritage Auctions and The Hollywood Museum for sponsoring this year's memorial service and reception.
If you would like to make a donation to the 2013 Marilyn Monroe Memorial Service, your online donation can be sent via PayPal (www.paypal.com) to Greg Schreiner, Marilyn Remembered Fan Club President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A check, a money order or cash can be mailed to Greg directly:
1237 Carmona Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90019
Everyone making a donation will be mentioned in the memorial service program. Donations must be received by 5:00 on Monday, July 29 (California Time) in order to be included in the memorial service program.
Marilyn Remembered Fan Club member Elisa Jordan, owner of LA Woman Tours
, is offering a special discount to club members for "Marilyn's Hollywood" tour on Sunday, August 4! Normally $60 per person, Elisa is offering the tour to club members for just $30! On the tour, you will see:
- The orphanage where Marilyn dreamed of becoming a star
- The former beauty salon where Marilyn first became a blonde
- The restaurant where Marilyn met Yankee Slugger Joe DiMaggio on a blind date
- The nightclub where Marilyn stood up for civil rights and changed a beloved singer's career forever
- The house (well, the gate anyway) where Marilyn passed into eternity.
The tour starts at 9:00 AM.
SEATING FOR THE TOUR IS LIMITED! Tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis. Purchase your tickets today by clicking here
. The discount code for the reduced price is "MARILYN". Note: the code is case and space sensitive.
Thank you Elisa for this very generous offer.
The Marilyn Remembered Fan Club