URGENT: Getting the Governor's Support
Help Ige 'get' the connection: housing=workers=food.
Even if you have written before, this time comment that his intended veto is not an acceptable solution to our ag challenges.
Ask him to approve the HB2 farm worker housing bill as a game changer essential to increasing food production.
Response urgently needed by July 6th
1. Click HERE
to post your Governor's message showing Tiny House on Farm HB2 support - please focus your message on these talking points:
- On-Farm Housing (not other housing needs)
- Low building cost that only Tiny Houses allows
- Understanding a Farm is NOT run by one worker alone, more housing is needed on all farms
- Tiny Houses offer flexible, affordable housing solutions, fast!
2. IMPORTANT: Send a similar message
to your House Representative and State Senator by email from the address lists here:
This is very important because if the Governor refuses to lift his veto, these are the people whose vote can over ride his veto.
Celebrate Independence Day by Taking Action:
More farm housing = more people farming = more local food =
REAL food security for our Island