The National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago (NORC) is conducting a USAID study that aims to understand the interest and capacity of Pakistani-Americans to engage in and impact the future development agenda of Pakistan through investment. This academic study specifically focuses on:
- Social impact investing aimed at impacting social issues such as education, social welfare, and health by building schools and health facilities, providing financial support to social welfare organizations, and other philanthropic efforts.
- Economic impact investing with an expectation of financial return including investment in local businesses or real estate.
NORC is hosting informal group discussions with members of the Pakistani-American community in the Washington, D.C. area (details below). Pakistani Americans from across the United States are encouraged and welcome to participate via one-on-one phone interviews. Participants should be currently investing in Pakistan or have interest in doing so in the future.
Tuesday, June 27 or Thursday, June 29
6:30 - 9 PM
Venue: TBD - Downtown DC or Fairfax, Virginia
Halal refreshments will be served.
National participation via phone: select time slots until June 30
please send your name and preferred date of participation in DC or for a phone call session your location and full availability until June 30th to NORC Researcher, Ms. Stacy Pancratz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 23rd.
- Understand investment interests, preferences, and patterns
- Discuss the potential challenges with investment Pakistani-Americans face when deciding to engage in social or economic impact investment
- Develop recommendations on how USAID can improve economic growth programs in Pakistan
- Develop recommendations on how USAID can better engage the Pakistani diaspora in improving the social and economic development landscape in Pakistan
Confidentiality: All participant information will be completely confidential. Names, occupations, and other participant information will not be provided to USAID. All participants will be assigned a number at the beginning of the discussion, and only referred to by their number in any data reports.
Please share this participation opportunity with your friends, family, and colleagues.