Help your colleagues stay connected to the IFSPT! Forward this publication to them via e-mail and encourage them to register to receive our e-magazine. Signing up takes only a few moments!
IFSPT General Meeting in Bern:
Are You Ready?
The IFSPT will hold its Biennial General Meeting this fall in Bern, Switzerland. Following on the heels of a successful meeting in South Africa in 2013, the 2015 General Meeting is hosted by Sportfisio Switzerland, our member organization.
The General Meeting, which is attended by member organization delegates, will be held at the Bern Expo on Thursday, November 19, from 14:00 to 17:00 and will be followed by a delegate dinner.
Up to five additional members of each member organization may attend by
with the IFSPT Secretary,
The following items must be received by the IFSPT Secretary, no later than August 19 to be included in the General Meeting.
- Items for consideration for the GM agenda by 19 August 2015
- Name of IFSPT delegate nominated to attend the meeting and vote on behalf of the Member Organisation by 19 August 2015
- Names of up to 5 other Members that wish to attend the General Meeting
- Any nominations and related documents for the EB
Following the General Meeting, The First World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy will be held November 20-21 at BernExpo.
It will be our pleasure to see as many members of our Member Organisations attend The First World Congress on Sports Physical Therapy as possible. Please let all your colleagues know!
The International Federation of Sports Physical Therapy is pleased to announce its participation, in conjunction with the Swiss Sports Physiotherapy Association (Sportfisio) and the British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM), the first World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy!
The aim of the conference is to present the current evidence on Return to Play criteria and guidelines in different areas, where sports physical therapy plays a major role in helping athletes to come back at their highest level after injury or surgery.
A special presentation by Dr. Nicola Phillips, president of the IFSPT, will focus on the results of the current IFSPT project, the Return to Play Survey.
The link below will connect you with registration, more information about the conference, accommodations and the city of Bern.
The official hotels for the meeting and conference are the Novotel, Ibis and Ibis Budget hotels, located directly across from the BernExpo facility. Please be certain to specify that you are with RTP2015.
Join us now for the IFSPT General Meeting and the World Congress of Sports Physical Therapy!
FUTURE CONFERENCES: PLAN NOW!
Salzburg Sportsphysio Symposium
We are delighted to announce the 4th symposium on Sports-Physiotherapy at the University of Salzburg.
The key-topic - "Sensorimotor-Control-Training" - plays a central role in injury prevention and rehabilitation.
International top-speakers will provide new findings and ideas within oral presentations and workshops.
- Micheal J. Grey (University of Birmingham)
- Romain Meeusen (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
- Wolfgang Taube (Universite de Fribourg)
- Nicole Wenderoth (ETH Zürich)
- Thorsten Stein (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie)
- Nicola Maffiuletti (Schulthess Klinik Zürich)
- Christian Larsen (Spiraldynamik Zürich)
- Robert van Cingel (SMC Papendal)
- Grethe Myklebust (Oslo Sports Trauma Research Center)
- Dianne Andreotti Jackson (SMARTERehab)
CONNECT Physiotherapy Conference 2015
Presented by the Australian Physiotherapy Association
October 3-6, 2015
Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre
Australian Sports Medicine Conference 2015
Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre
Hope Island, Australia
ACPSEM Biennial Conference 2015:
The Young Athlete
Advances in Sports Rehabilitation: Clinical Reasoning and Practice
First GISPT International Conference
IFSPT 2015 General Meeting and Symposium: In Conjunction with the Swiss Sportfisio Conference Return to Play
- General Meeting: Thursday, November 19, 2015
- IFSPT/Swiss Sportfisio Conference: November 20 and 21, 2015
- Exciting international speakers!
- Ben Clarsen, Norway
- Mark De Carlo, USA, former IFSPT board member
- Phil Glasgow, UK
- Havard Moksnes, Norway
- Tony Schneiders, NZ - IFSPT
- Jan Shrier, Canada
- Kristian Thorborg, Denmark
- Tim Tyler, USA
- Kevin Wilk, USA
- Erik Witvrouw, Qatar
- Registration now open. Follow this link.
THE SCIENCE OF RUNNING
November 21-22 | Chicago, Illinois
- December 3-5
- Red Rock Resort and Casino
- Summerlin, Nevada (just off the Las Vegas Strip)
- Registration includes pre-conference symposium on running injuries
- Register Now!
Attention Member Organizations:
Are you sponsoring a physical therapy, sports physical therapy or sports medicine conference in 2015?
Please send the information regarding your conference to
, IFSPT marketing director, for addition to the IFSPT newsletter and website! Newsletters are published each month, so please submit your material as early as possible. You are also welcome to provide updates as your event draws closer!
INTERNATIONAL SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPIST REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE IN SEVEN MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS FOR
If you would like to take your skills to the world, this is the pathway you should choose! Registered International Sports Physical Therapists (RISPT) are immediately recognized as individuals possessing the knowledge, experience and skills to work in the worldwide field of sports.
While RISPT status does not license an individual in other countries, it does notify that the individual has achieved the highest level of qualification in his or her country.
Currently, members of the following member organizations are able to apply and receive acceptance immediately.
- Ireland: Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, Level 3 Accreditation in Sports Physiotherapy
- New Zealand: Complete the Specialisation Pathway through the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand. Must complete specialisation in the Musculoskeletal Category. Applications for NZ Board MSK Specialty must have a sports focus with evidence provided.
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom: Continuing Professional Development Level 3, Gold
- United States: APTA Sports Certified Specialist
Cost for registration is only 50 euros and is good for five years. Renewal is available for 20 euros. A certificate will be emailed to you in order that you may print and display it.
Please note: all registration applications will be processed by the member organization, so please be certain your credentials match those described above.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION LINKS:
Register today and be recognized for your accomplishments as an international sports physical therapist!