February 23, 2017
Connect with Fabric Mills and Manufacturing Resources
The West Coast trade event for textile, design, and production resources returns February 27 - March 1,2017 at the California Market Center.
Showcasing hundreds of international fabric collections and design services, the caliber of resources and fashion direction is presented with West Coast's Contemporary & Lifestyle designers in mind.
The show features the LA TEXTILE Trend Forum is curated by LA TEXTILE's Official Trend Partner
to equip designers and brands with essential S/S 18 color & trend information to navigate the show with.
for more information.
Discover New Brands and Designers at LA Fashion Market, March 13-16
LA Fashion Marker, the West Coast trade show for contemporary fashion, returns to the LA Fashion District March 13-16, 2017. Designers and brands will be showcasing collections from the Fall 2017 season and immediates (goods from current collections) will also be available.
Thousands of brands will be participating in market week, including permanent showrooms and those exhibiting at trade shows.
Market week is open to the trade only. While permanent showrooms are open year-round, this is a great opportunity to discover new brands, attend seminars, connect with industry insiders, and get a first-look at the upcoming season.
Trade shows participating in LA Fashion Market:
- Select X Emerge- Better, contemporary, and emerging brand showcase
- Contemporary Curves- Dedicated showcase for curated plus-size collections
- TRANSIT - Curated footwear and accessories collections for women, men, and kids
- ALT - Contemporary active, yoga, intimate, leisure, and West Coast lifestyle brands
- LA Kids Market - Kids and maternity apparel, accessories, and lifestyle brands
- (capsule) - Fashion and lifestyle trade event that fuses the best high-end progressive brands and directional, independent designers
- COEUR - Premiere fashion accessories, gifts, home, and lifestyle show featuring national and international designers and contemporary labels
- Source British - British made and designed brands show exhibiting for the first time during LA Market week
- Designers & Agents - Advanced contempoary brands from around the world, both established and emerging
- Brand Assembly - Fresh and innovative marketplace with modern and clean approach to the contemporary market, featuring established and emerging apparel, accessories, and jewelry brands and designers
Quinceañera and Special Occasion Dresses
Planning a quinceañera or Sweet 16? The LA Fashion District has everything you need, from the dress to the party favors. Our friends at The Santee Alley put together
this shopping guide
to help you find the perfect dress.
Find special occasion dress stores on Santee Street and Maple Avenue from 9th Street to Olympic Boulevard. Visit
and use the search function for additional information on special occasion dress stores.
New Development: Creative Office Space Coming to Los Angeles Street
Urbanize.LA is reporting that real estate firm Urban Offerings has purchased the Norton Building at 755 S Los Angeles St, with plans to redevelop the five-story property into creative office space. As per Urban Offerings, the project will create approximately 60,000 square-feet of offices and nearly 43,000 combined square-feet of shops and restaurants at ground, basement, and roof levels. Read the full story on Urbanize.LA, here.
California Hospital Medical Center 5k, March 25
On Saturday, March 25th, 3,000 runners, walkers, and dogs will fill the streets of downtown Los Angeles in support of an essential community resource, California Hospital Medical Center. The race features a scenic course through downtown past the Staples Center, and will conclude with a free post-race festival at the hospital (1401 S. Grand Ave). This fun family event welcomes social dogs at no extra cost! For more information, please visit HeartoftheCity5K.org.
Every Saturday, 9a-2p
Enjoy fresh produce, gourmet food, flowers, and entertainment at The Wall Farmer's Market, located on Wall Street between 8th and 7th Streets. Food, flowers, farmers, and fun!
Sample Sale Friday
Sample sales are held on the last Friday of every month and take place in the designer showrooms on 9th and Los Angeles Streets. Sample sale hours are typically 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Click here for more info.