March 5, 2018
Upcoming Trade Shows: L.A. Textile & L.A. Market Week
L.A. Textile Trade Show at California Market Center (CMC)
L.A. Textile Trade Show, March 5-7
Connect with textile manufacturers and design and production resources from around the world at L.A. Textile, the West Coast's premiere fabric and manufacturing trade show. The 3-day show features a Trend Forum curated by PECLERS PARIS. L.A. Textile takes place twice a year at the
California Market Center
. The next show will be in September. For more information,
L.A. Market Week, March 12-15
Discover hundreds of contemporary brands during L.A. Market Week, also known as L.A. Fashion Market. Los Angeles' apparel trade show takes place five times a year in the district's
contemporary showroom buildings
. Retail buyers from around the world come to the Fashion District to place orders for their stores and boutiques. The March show will feature Fall 2018 collections for women, men, kids, footwear, and accessories. A list of participating brands can be found
. For more information,
or click the links below for information specific to each participating building.
Can't make it to market week? The showroom buildings linked above are open to retail buyers year-round.
A New Look for the Fashion District
The Fashion District launched a new logo and brand identity inspired by the neighborhood's architecture, colors and community. The new brand seeks to incorporate the district's distinct offerings under five brand pillars that highlight the historic, eclectic, inviting, connected, and fashionable nature of the area. Our goal is to create an inclusive brand that speaks to all the different industries, businesses, and people who shop, work, and live in the Fashion District.
Learn more about the new brand
Kid's Special Occasion Shopping Guide
Spring is the time for new beginnings and more special occasions than one can count. From outdoor weddings to baptisms and first communions, we've got your covered. See what's currently in stock at Santee Alley,
NOW OPEN: New Business in the District
- City Market Social House - The new event space launched with Create & Cultivate, a conference for female entrepreneurs. The event was attended by celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen, Lauren Conrad, Nina Dobrev, and Busy Phillips as well as fashion bloggers, like Aimee Song of the popular Song of Style and Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam. 1145 S San Pedro St.
- Hyva Helsinki - The sustainable Scandinavian modern fashion and vintage store just had its grand opening on Los Angeles Street. See photos here. 1040 S Los Angeles St.
- South City Fried Chicken - The team behind Preux & Proper opened a second restaurant in the district inside Corporation Food Hall. South City Fried Chicken features fried chicken sandwiches inspired by cities in the South. 724 S Spring St.
- Paris Baguette - The South-Korean franchise opened its first Fashion District location on the corner of 9th and Los Angeles Street. It serves French-inspired pastries and lunch fare. 200 E 9th St.
Night of 1,000 Drawings
The Fashion District has partnered with
Night of a 1000 Drawings, Los Angeles
by Miyamoto Relief, for the first ever 1,000 Drawings doodle event in Los Angeles. The event will benefit
Metro Charter School
. The public is invited to submit doodles at any participating location
On March 22nd, the doodles will be sold for $30 at the Night of 1,000 Drawings event.
for more info
. Fashion District Participating Locations:
Public Notice: Mural Proposal Community Meeting
A community meeting will be held at Cognoscenti Coffee, 1118 San Julian St, at 12 noon on Friday, March 23, 2018 to discuss a proposed mural for Los Angeles Street. The proposed mural will "celebrate the diversity and cultural vibrancy" of the Fashion District. The artist is Fashion District-based Tommii Lim.
Click here for more info.
Additional Upcoming Events:
Where to Eat in the Fashion District
- Broken Mouth brings Hawaiian flavor to 9th and Los Angeles, LA Downtowner
- The chicken and waffles at Poppy & Rose is the best thing this food editor ate recently, Eater LA
- City Market South continues to bring site-seers to the district, hospitalitydesign.com
- The best southern food is at Preux & Proper, Eater LA
- Under the Radar: Terroni's new Italian market at 8th and Spring, DTLAer
- Rooftop food hall is latest addition to Fashion District office redevelopment, thereraldeal.com
Enjoy food, flowers, and fresh produce at
The Wall Farmer's Market
every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The farmer's market sets up in front of the flower markets on Wall Street between 7th and 8th Streets.
Los Angeles Street Streetscape Project
The Los Angeles Street Streetscape Project is a $1.77-million makeover that will add pedestrian improvements to Los Angeles Street from 7th Street to Olympic Boulevard.