This company is looking for a talented, passionate, experienced, and entrepreneurial Big Data Developer. You will be responsible for design, development, and operations of the Multi-terabyte Data Processing framework in an agile environment using Hadoop/Pig/HBase/Python. This role requires the candidate to possess, or have a willingness to acquire, skills in large-volume data manipulation with NoSQL / Hadoop technologies.
Experience & Skills needed:
- 1+years of Python development experience
- 4+ years of overall software development experience
- Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
- A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
- Proficiency in working and developing on Linux: redhat, centos, fedora, or ubuntu
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
- 1+year experience working with Hadoop/Pig/Hive/Hbase/MapReduce.
- Interest in machine learning, data mining and NLP
- Experience in building back-end systems for an Internet startup, an advertising network, or a search engine
- Proficient in Agile development, and able to integrate tightly with business and operations teams
- Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- ScrumMaster experience
- Experience with Cloud Computing, and some basic systems administration
- Experience with NoSQL stores