Share Your "Two Cents"
The greenhouse committee is sowing seeds for fall planting and would like your input on which varieties you would most like to grow.
The plan is to sow three varieties each of tomatoes and peppers, and two varieties of eggplant.
Share your "two cents" and vote on your preferred varieties, as follows:
- Bring 12 pennies, these are your 'votes'
- There are six jars in the greenhouse
- Each jar has the name and picture of two tomato, pepper or eggplant varieties
- Throw two cents into the side of the jar showing the varietal you prefer
- Please only vote once per jar
Your choices are:
1. Sweetie Heirloom Tomato or Sungold Cherry Tomato
2. Red Brandywine Tomato or Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomato
3. Yellow Pear Tomato or Italian Roma Tomato
Peppers (Slim Tim sweet peppers will be sowed)
4. Big Red Pepper or California Wonder Pepper
5. Thai Bird Pepper or Jalapeno Pepper
Eggplant (Black Beauty Eggplant will be sowed)
6. Shoya Long Eggplant or Chinese Bride Eggplant
Please submit your vote no later than Thursday, August 10th as the committee will be planting the selected seedlings on Saturday, August 12 (planting assistance is always appreciated!).
Seedlings are planned to be available at the VISTA greenhouse in late September / early October.