This two day (16 hour course) will educate participants to be familiar with various areas of small UAS operations
By use of presentation, video, pictures and hands-on drone flight simulation the participants will be more aware of several aspects of working with and around small unmanned aircraft and interaction with the FAA.
It is thorough UAS training presented by a top notch trainer. The course will also educate and prepare you for the 107 License Certification.
Training will include:
- 107 License Certification preparation
- UAS Safety Operations
- UAS Flight Operations Instruction (includes simulator training)
- UAS Applications for Public Safety
- Applying for Public Safety COA (Certificate of Authorization)
- LEO Response to Drone Complaints
- UAS Mission Planning
Tim Trott developed an interest in Unmanned Aircraft Systems and was one of the first 400 applicants to be granted an exemption under Section 333. He passed the FAA Remote Pilot Certification on the first day it was available and also passed the FAA's Fundamentals of Instruction (FOI) exam. He has helped over 900 students to pass the FAA written exam for the Remote Pilot Certification under Part §107 with his classes, e-books and online training. In addition, Tim also holds a Student Pilot license and is a current member of the Flight School Association of North America, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the Academy of Model Aeronautics, and the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International, and recently joined the Experimental Aircraft Association. Mr. Trott is a regular contributor to podcasts on the subject, including The UAV Digest and Drone Radio Show. He also assisted with beta testing of the Verifly drone insurance mobile app. He has authored a number of books currently available on Amazon.com, including The Droner's Guide and UAS Operations: Ground School Study Guide for passing the FAA Drone Exam.
All members of the public safety community involved in operations or enforcement related to unmanned aerial vehicles ("drones").
Students are encouraged to bring laptop computers but they are not required.
LENGTH: 16 hour training
Missouri City Police Department
3849 Cartwright Road
Missouri City, Texas
DATES & TIMES
- Tuesday - Wednesday, October 23-24, 2018
- Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$349 per student
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Cancellations and Substitutions:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment.
- Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
CLAUDE A. PICHARD, Phone: 850-251-1223
Accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)