|Attend One of the Year's Top Virtual Events
In case you missed the 3rd Human Dimensions of Wildland Fire Conference in Seattle, WA in April you're in luck! For the first time, the entire conference program is available on your computer. The sessions were filmed and edited to provide you and your co-workers the very best of the conference. You can watch them on your own time schedule and select just what sessions you are interested in or, consider setting it up in a conference room where others can join in for sessions in their interest area; from wildlife or smoke issues to training, working with communities, business, and fire prevention.
Everyone has free access to the exciting keynote address by Colleen Morton Busch, the acclaimed author of "Fire Monks: Zen Mind Meets Wildfire at the Gates of Tassajara" about the 2008 fires that overran the Tassajara Monastery in California, and Rev. Kansan David Zimmerman, one of the five Monks defending the facility.
For a low fee, you can watch the nearly 90+ conference presentations and accompanying PowerPoint programs from dynamic and state of the art presenters on such key topics as:
- From Risk to Resilience? Reframing Shared Responsibility in Australian Disaster Policy.
- Differences in Information Needs for Wildfire Evacuees and Non-Evacuees.
- What's next for Slave Lake, Alberta? Coming to Terms & Moving on from a Devastating Wildfire.
- Community Business Capacity to Participate in Wildfire Suppression Operations.
- Effects of Fire Prioritization and Regional Resource Allocations on Fire Outcomes.
- Fire wise Training Workshops: Getting Positive, Practical Results in Florida.
- SHARP - Developing an Awareness-Based Decision-Making Tool with Wild land Fire Managers
- Strengthening Community Fire Management in Bolivia
- Social Disorder and Accidental Wildfires
- "Stay or Go" After the Fire: Community Wildfire Safety Policy in Australia
- Endangered Species and Fire Management: Factors that Influence the Use of Fire in Critical Habitat
- The Future is Smoky: Toward Explaining Public Tolerance of Smoke from Wild land Fire and Fuels Management
Presenters include Ernesto Alvarado, Anne Black, Marc Castellnou, Peter Jon Cecil, David Christenson, Timothy Ingalsbee, Ph.D., Josh Hyde, Michael DeGrosky, Dr. Michael E. Eburn, Lisa Frye, Kelly Johnston, Lisa Langer, Sarah McCaffrey, Dr. Jim McLennan, Toddi A. Steelman, Ph.D., Dr. Michael Hand, Dr. Jennifer Ziegler, Stanley T. Asah, and Lisa Frye. And they represent Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Bolivia, Spain, Portugal, Canada, and the USA.
- Firey Women - Why Engage Women in Bushfire Safety?
The virtual program is set up so you can watch it once or many times and, you can share with others as a powerful tool for opening discussions, exploring new research findings or, for affordable and current training purposes. It's all available for one cost. Affordable, dynamic training that also includes a one year membership in the International Association of Wildland Fire, subscription to Wildfire Magazine, and access to the Journal of Wildland Fire on-line.