1. Review Minutes: Meeting minutes from January 3, 2017 reviewed and approved. No old business discussed.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Dr. Thayer presented the treasurer’s report: PNC Checking-$23,252.11; PNC Money Market- $51,109.34.
3. Annual Central District Dental Association Meeting: May 12-13,2017 at the Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, FL. The C.E. is free to members and their staff. Room block expires April 10.
4. VFCDA Installation Banquet: Sites discussed were LPGA, Stonewood (Daytona), Halifax Yacht Club, Chart House, and Oceanside Country Club. Last year’s banquet at Oceanside CC was extremely costly. Dr. Lawson recommended checking out the Chart House and would check room, costs and food. The date for the banquet was decided for May 19, 2017.
5. Current Venue issues and concerns: The board members agreed that our Current LPGA venue is fine with respect to costs, location and food. Other venues to keep in mind were discussed; Stonewood (Daytona), Halifax River Yacht Club.
6. Board Member Recruitment: The board discussed the need to identify an incoming Treasurer for the VFCDA. Drs. Hamilton and Hate have expressed interest in becoming a board member/officer for this upcoming year, 2017-18.
Dr. Patel and Dr. Larson agreed to ensure that we have a viable candidate. Dr. MacIntyre suggested that a female member would be advantageous.
Dr. Patel motioned to close the meeting at 6:20pm. Dr. MacIntyre seconded the motion.