REV UP WISCONSIN
The Work TruckShow
Become a Member
Question of the Month
NTEA Work Truck Show/Green
Energy Independence Summit
February 12-15, 2017
SSCC Annual Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017
Michigan City, IN
Conference & Expo
2016 Annual Stakeholder Meeting
We are so grateful to all of you who could make it! Nearly 100 participates joined us as we celebrated the successes of WCC members. We had a wonderful day and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Please visit our Facebook page for photos from the day!
All of the presentations from the day are up on our website for you to reference.
Please take a moment to fill out our annual meeting survey on your experience. All feedback will in preparation
for future events like this.
Didn't attend last week's event? Read all about in our press release recap!
Forward Fleet Award
# 1 Kwik Trip
# 2 Paper Transport
# 3 Sheehy Mail Contractors
# 4 Contract Transport Services
# 5 Time Transport
Clean Fuel Champion Award
Gain Clean Fuel
Barnes Green Energy
Dane County Dept. of Public Works, Highway & Transportation
Maria Redmond, Director, Wisconsin Office of Energy Innovation
Thank you to our speakers:
Director of Public Affairs, Green Bay Packers
Maria Redmond, Director,
Wisconsin Office of Energy Innovation
Kim Marotta, Director of Sustainability, MillerCoors
And a Special Thank You To Our Event Sponsors
Without you this event wouldn't have been possible.
REV UP WISCONSIN
REV UP WISCONSIN program has finally wrapped up and we can say it was a HUGE success! Our goal was to sell 50
LEAF®s for the entirety of the program and we sold 58!
Throughout the program Nissan was able to give away 2 home charging stations to two lucky customers who purchased or leased the 2016 Nissan LEAF®! Congratulations to our winners-may your car charging future be bright!
Our hats are off to our participating dealers, project partners and the customers who purchased/leased-we could not have done it without you!
Thank To Our Participating Dealers
Zimbrick Nissan of Madison
Rosen Nissan of Madison
Gordie Boucher Nissan of Greenfield
Rosen Nissan of Milwaukee
Boucher Nissan of Waukesha
Russ Darrow of Milwaukee
John Amato of Milwaukee
Bergstrom Nissan of Appleton
Pischke Nissan of La Crosse
Thank You To Our Project Partners
Nissan North America
Although the group buy program has ended that does not mean you still
can't get a great deal on the All-Electric Nissan
! Nissan is currently promoting the No Charge To Charge promotion in the Madison and Milwaukee areas.
When you purchase a
new Nissan LEAF®
you will receive up to two years of complimentary public DC fast and Level 2 charging
at any EVgo Stations in Madison or Milwaukee, WI!
Nissan has partnered with Wisconsin Clean Cities member; Madison Gas and Electric, to continue their efforts with EVs. Nissan is currently offering a limited time $10,000 discount to MGE employees and customers on 2016 and 2017 LEAF vehicles. MGE customers can visit one of the participating dealerships Zimbrick Eastside Nissan or Rosen Nissan of Madison.
The discount is currently being offered from now thru January 3, 2017. You must be a MGE customer to qualify for the discount. In addition you may be able to take advantage of the $7,500 federal tax credit. For additional information please visit our event page or mge.com/driveelectric.
Jetz Grand Opening Event
With funding from the BRAWT Grant, Jetz Convenience Centers was able to add
3-E85 and 4-E15 dispensers to their location on S 70th St, Milwaukee. The event was held on Friday, November 18, 2016 and was a huge success with prices as low as $1.15 for E15 and $0.85 for E85 during the event!!!
Thank You To The Following Project Partners
Work Truck Show/Green Truck Summit
Wisconsin Clean Cities members are invited to be our guests at the
Work Truck Show 2017.
Clean Cities and their constituents receive special pricing for the The Green Truck Summit (GTS) Conference and Trade Show package. This package includes exhibit hall admission for all three days of the Work Truck Show and one concurrent educational session (an $85 total value).
Reminder: Midwest Clean Cities coordinators will be speaking on
Thursday, March 16th from 9:30-10:45 a.m.
EST during the concurrent session.
Please contact the Wisconsin Clean Cities office at 414-221-4487 to get your free pass.
Penske Leasing Alternative Fuel Vehicles
n partnership with the US Department of Energy, Penske will deploy a targeted multi-alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) demonstration that will allow new drivers and fleets to "try out" cost-effective and clean-burning AFVs via Penske's rental services for 1-30 days at no
cost difference than a traditional rental. The vehicles incorporated may include the following:
- Heavy-duty compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles
- Medium-duty propane vehicles
Some need to knows:
- Program is available in 3 regions across the country
- Program began November 1st and runs through July 14th, 2017
- Mission: Despite major advances in the deployment of AFVs, Penske has seen first-hand the challenges faced by some customers to make their deployment in everyday operations a reality. These fleets face questions of determining the proper vehicle specifications, financing the high incremental cost of AFVs, learning how to use the vehicles, and understanding if and when they are operationally compatible-thus leading to less deployment in lease situations as well as in purchase options for fleets.
This program aims to accelerate market penetration of AFVs in targeted regions and with customers who have traditionally not used AFVs in their fleets-understanding and enabling us to overcome some of the biggest barriers to widespread fleet adoption of alternative fuel vehicles in the U.S.
If you operate a fleet in Wisconsin and are interested in learning more about in this opportunity, please give our office a call and
we can provide additional information, including
: fact sheets, presentations, equipment specification sheets, and an equipment operating and fueling brochure.
For more information please visit our
Biofuels Retail Advancement in Wisconsin Transportation (BRAWT)
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
announced the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, Office of Energy Innovation (OEI) was awarded $3.7 million through the Biofuels Infrastructure Program (BIP) to significantly expand and support the installation of ethanol blending equipment at retail gas stations throughout the state.
The primary objectives of the Biofuels Retail Advancement in Wisconsin Transportation (BRAWT) Program are to:
For more information about this program please visit our website!
- Increase consumption and availability of ethanol throughout Wisconsin;
- Provide retail ethanol refueling outlets near major fleets and travel corridors; and
- Increase and promote public awareness of the benefits of ethanol as a transportation fuel including environmental benefits, national energy security and economic development.
Propane Mower Incentive Program
While traditional mowers may save
you money upfront, propane mowers save money over the lifetime of the mower, thanks to the fuel's unique
is sponsored by the Propane Education & Research Council, this program rewards landscape contractors with $1,000 per qualifying new propane mower purchase or $500 per qualifying mower conversion. This program is on going and you can find more information as well as on how to apply on this
. To view the flyer click here.
The Propane Mower Incentive Program
Electric Vehicle Charging for Federal Employee Vehicles and Fleets
January 5, 2017 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
This webinar is hosted by the Department of Energy's Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) and will provide insight into charging station availability, technology options, and installation best practices for federal employee vehicles and agency fleets.
- Understand new guidance on charging stations at the workplace
- Learn how federal electrification requirements affect your fleet
- Develop strategies to increase employee access to and use of charging stations
- Plan, construct, optimize fleet-level charging in agency infrastructure and operations
- Apply best practices for management and safety during installation and use
- Learn about DOE's Workplace Charging Challenge and GSA's Fleet Drive-thru tool
Register Here. Registration closes January 4, 2017
- Sarah Olexsak
Workplace Charging Challenge Coordinator
EV Everywhere Grand Challenge, U.S. Department of Energy
- Margaret Smith
DOE Clean Cities, Energetics Incorporated
- Cabell Hodge
Federal Fleet Project Lead
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Requires Google Chrome, Firefox 4.0+, Internet Explorer 7.0+or Safari, and the Adobe Flash 9+ plugin. For more information contact:
Your membership will allow us to continue to strive for
reduced petroleum consumption, clean air, and an improved quality of life. Along with helping support many projects we are currently working on throughout Wisconsin, your membership would also include several
- Information on upcoming grants that will allow your company to save money on infrastructure, vehicles, or fuel, as well as information about projects and the latest alternative fuels news
- Support for grant preparation or assistance
- A representative from your company may serve on our Board of Directors and supporting committees
- Access to Wisconsin Clean Cities events, which include seminars, meetings, and conferences
- Networking opportunities with fleets and industry partners
- Technical training, workshops, and webinars
- Individual consultation and technical assistance
- Public recognition for progress in reducing petroleum consumption and assistance with media outreach.
Click here to learn more about becoming a member!