Here are two articles for your information, action and dissemination.
The second article is from Jennifer Mason, Personhood USA and follows. (The coloring highlights are mine - Joe)
Love in Christ,
FROM: PERSONHOOD USA
TO: Joseph Ricci
April 30, 2016
What you can do TODAY to end abortion
How you can make a difference today
Do you think about abortion every day?
I do. I think with devastation upon the thousands of babies killed every day in our country alone. I think about the women who are deceived or coerced into having abortions, and the precious lives squandered in the name of "choice."
It's easy to feel helpless in the face of such a huge enemy. Abortion seems like a giant that will never go away. When I pray about my role in ending abortion,
I know that I'm called to action.
But what does that action look like? What can I, a stay-at-home homeschooling mom with 5 kids of my own, do to stop abortion?
This is a list of what I believe are the most effective actions we can take against abortion:
- prayer is a necessary and vital component to any efforts against abortion. Here at Personhood USA, each and every one of us has been under heavy attack from the enemy. The past few months have been among the hardest we've ever faced as a ministry, and we covet your fervent prayers.
Pray for our leaders, for those on the front lines against abortion, for everyone dedicating their lives to ending this atrocity. Please pray continually.
This is Joe now - I would add Pray for the abortionists and the politicians who support
the destruction of human life so that they may see the error of their ways.
2. Support local crisis pregnancy centers
- these centers often need volunteers and supplies (like baby and maternity clothes, baby blankets, bottles, and diapers). Even coupons can be a help! Contact your local crisis pregnancy center (make sure they are a true center that helps women and never refers for abortion) and see what you can do to help.
Picture the local crisis pregnancy centers inundated with support
- if each one of us donated one hour a week, or gave just a few dollars worth of supplies, they would be overstaffed with full stock rooms.
3. Consider spending time outside of an abortion clinic
- I know this can sound intimidating, but it is the single most effective way to stop an abortion right before it is scheduled to happen. Most of the women (even young girls) I've encountered outside of these clinics are desperate for help. Many don't realize that they have any other options, and just your presence can make a huge difference, and can even save a life! I really recommend joining up with other prolife people with signs and information, and reading up on the laws before you go so that you can know your rights.
Imagine if each one of us spent just an hour a week at a local abortion clinic, pleading for the lives of the innocent babies being taken in
- the sidewalks would be packed, and many would turn away from the clinic just because of the size of the crowds.
4. Talk to your friends, your pastors, and people you meet
- be outspoken. Be "that friend" that is so concerned for the lives of the preborn that you won't be quiet about it.
Be BOLD, and encourage people around you to join you in your efforts!
Give your time, your talent, and your treasure for the cause of the babies. Give to keep ministries like ours, solely dedicated to protecting unborn babies by love and by law, operating and ready to fight. Think about what it would mean if everyone receiving this email gave just $10 - we would be fully funded for THREE YEARS of pro-life ministry!
PRAYER FOR THE UNBORN - Heavenly Father, You created us in Your own image, and You desire that not even the least among us should perish. In Your love for us, You entrusted Your only Son to the Holy Virgin Mary. Now in Your love, protect against the wickedness of the devil, those little ones to whom You have given the gift of life. I ask that you help Another Way Pregnancy Center in Farmington Hills, Michigan and Birth Choice of Orange County, California reach those considering abortion, and by Your Grace, changing their hearts and protect the unborn. And bless all efforts to protect human life from capital punishment, war, starvation, euthanasia, and all other threats to the Dignity of Life from Conception to Natural Death.
Did you miss a copy of the RESPECT LIFE NEWSLETTER? Do you want to reread a newsletter? Please go to
to open any of the published newsletters.