Early-Bird Registration Through Wednesday,
Dec. 21, 2016
Save $20 per registration when you sign up by December 10, 2016
Early Bird Full - $135
($125 for Farmer/Student)
Regular Full - $155
($145 for Farmer/Student)
- 20 + breakout sessions
- Panel of State Policy Leaders - Those who have been a part of effecting state-wide change will participate in the panel, the Convergence, individual breakout sessions, and available for networking throughout the two days.
- Convergence* - a forum to solicit input from food system stakeholders - see more below
- Reception and opportunity to participate in after-dinner conversation with the State representatives
- Two breakfasts and two lunches
- Tour on Thursday morning to Hillview Greenhouse, the Green Wall at Western Technical College, and then the Vermicomposting Center - open to first 45 registrants signing up for the tour
Register, Apply for a Scholarship, Volunteer - Table Moderators needed, Pre-Summit Vernon County / Viroqua Tour and Dinner - only $16 includes locally sourced dinner
- More than 25 Local Food Leaders presenting during four breakout sessions. Final announcement next week.
- The panel will speak to how Local Food Charters, Policies, and Funding were moved forward in Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, and Iowa. They will also be doing individual breakouts during the Summit.
- Bridget Holcomb, Women, Food, and Agriculture Network (WFAN)
- Stephanie Heim, Associate Program Director, University of Minnesota Extension & Michael Dahl - Director, Minnesota Food Charter Network
- Tom Spaulding, Executive Director Angelic Organics
- Jude Barry, Center for Regional Food Systems - Michigan State University
- Need a full or partial scholarship? Applications are open until the funding is depleted. But don't delay. Ensure your opportunity by applying early as we are nearly half way through the available funding. Open to high school and college students, and all professions.
to complete a scholarship application.
Pre-Summit Vernon County / Viroqua Experience
- Wednesday, Only $16 includes tours, Happy Hour, dinner, and music. This is a self-drive opportunity starting at 3 p.m. at the Vernon County Enterprise Center to tour various local food enterprises and initiatives. Then enjoy Branches Winery, Happy Hour, and a locally sourced dinner by Chef Dani Lind and Viroqua Food Co-op with music by Dan Sebranek/Acoustic guitar. If you aren't able to join us for the Summit, consider signing up separately for the Pre-Summit!
to register for the Pre-Summit and /or Summit.
The Wisconsin Food System Convergence will be a forum to solicit input from food system stakeholders on how to create a sustainable, good food movement throughout our state. The Convergence will build on all the great work that has been done in the past, and through a modified process of Appreciative Inquiry, will seek to chart a coordinated path forward. Join us to share your input on how to more effectively work together to build a food system that makes it easy to grow, sell, access, and eat healthy food for all people in Wisconsin.
Volunteers & Group Moderators Needed - There are still some openings for volunteers to serve as room hosts, at registration, set-up, clean-up, and to help moderate table discussions during the Convergence. If you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com
Carpool or Room Mate Needed
- Need help with finding a room mate or a ride share?
to list on a carpooling site.
to submit a request for room share offer or seeking.
- Thursday 6:15 - 8 p.m. - Piggy's Restaurant and Blues Lounge - Check out menus at both restaurants at Piggy's web site by
. Join the policy leaders and panelists from IL, IA, MI, and MN for a conversation about how we might all work more collaboratively related to local food.
Sign up here
for the Networking Dinner (individual checks- not included in registration fee)
We look forward to seeing you for the exciting 11th Annual Wisconsin Local Food Network Summit! Feel free to contact us if you any problems with registering or have questions.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
The 2017 WI Local Food Network Summit will be held at the Radisson Hotel La Crosse. TravelAdvisor reviews are 4.5 of 5.
We have secured amazing rates for you to enjoy your La Crosse Summit experience. Our block rates are honored for 3 days prior or following the Summit. Book early to ensure the block rates. The block is open until January 5 or until the block is sold out.
Standard King City View - $85 plus taxes
Standard 2 Queen Riverview - $112 plus taxes
The Radisson La Crosse features 169 newly renovated hotel rooms, each designed for your comfort and equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, a beverage cooler, a flat-screen television and a coffeemaker. Additional perks include an efficient work area with multiple desktop outlets and USB ports and inspiring views of the Mississippi River and surrounding city. Enjoy reading a complimentary USA TODAY® newspaper to finish up your day.
Link to Happenings and Info about La Crosse
For guests desiring upgraded amenities, consider booking a Plaza Club Level room to enhance your experience.
100% non-smoking facility
In-room amenities include:
- 37" flat-screen TV with extended channels
- Alarm clock
- Pillowtop beds
- Efficient work desk
- Multiple desk-level outlets and USB ports
- Bedside reading light
- Pay-per-view movies
- Room service
- Free weekday USA TODAY® newspaper
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free bottled water
- Coffeemaker with complimentary coffee
- Hair dryer
- Beverage cooler
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Short stature accessibility kit, available upon request
- Beautiful views of the Mississippi River or the city
Wisconsin Local Food Network | 4382 Hickory Rd., West Bend, WI 53090