|"21 Guns - A Memorial Day Salute" 1 week left!|
As we come to the week before Memorial Day weekend, and see all the work people have put in to preparing their "21 Guns" WODs, we feel it is a good time to take a step back, and think again about why we are doing this:
- Help people remember and observe Memorial Day in a respectful, reflecting, meaningful way.
- Create a window of opportunity to improve communication between Communities and their Veterans to foster understanding.
- Use this shared experience to build bonds that are restorative to Veterans and their communities.
We would ask that you continue to help us keep these goals top of mind this week, and that they help guide the way you approach the workout planning and execution.
One more request:
- Video and photograph the WOD - The purpose is two fold - we want to put together a great video to better explain our mission and vision, and to feature as many of YOU as possible in doing so. If you are doing video, take a moment to ask people "What does Memorial Day mean to you?" - This will be the theme of the video.
- Keep making efforts to bring Vets in for the WOD
- Keep spreading the word - its never too late to WOD for Warriors!
- Video instruction of the WOD (courtesy of Iron Tribe Fitness)
- 21 Guns pre-mission briefing - Friday Afternoon
Please do not underestimate the importance of what you are doing this weekend. If nothing else, the athletes at your gym will thank you for providing them with another source of motivation, and some more high intensity, constantly varied, functional movement. At best, your work will help a community better understand its Veterans through this shared experience, a Veteran feel like his or her community cares enough to listen, and families and friends of our fallen know that especially on Memorial Day, we have not forgotten.
WOD for Warriors