|I love photographs! If you're a subscriber to this newsletter then you do too. |
Everyday I look at pictures--those I'm writing about or those you send me for consultations. I can't imagine doing anything else.
I've just finished writing The Last Muster volume 2! Another fifty photographs of individuals who lived during the American Revolution and who lived into the age of photography in the mid-nineteenth century. Thank you to everyone who participated! The book is due out in 2013. Watch this space for an announcement.
We've been busy cleaning our house to make a move. We have some ideas on where we'd like to live, but in the meantime, I thought you might like to see my VERY clean office. Everything is filed and easy to find. <smile>
I hope you'll be able to stop by booth 712 at the National Genealogical Society in Cincinnati, OH May 9-12. I'm offering consultations at a reduced rate. Please stop by!
Movie of the Month
These movies are mobile device compatible.
|Walt Whitman? Adding up Facial Clues|
Ask Maureen to Analyze Your Family Photos : You Pick the Time
|If you've always wanted Maureen to consult on your photo mystery, you'll now be able to sign up online for a private teleconference. Don't let heaps of unidentified, damaged, or disorganized family photos get you down.
If you would like to have Maureen, the Photo Detective, analyze your own family photographs, here's how the new process works. And now you can receive an audio file of your consultation with Maureen!
I hope we will have the opportunity to work together to solve the mysteries of your historical photos!
- Send your picture to this link. Simply supply me with a photo or photos that you would like to know more about. You can also do this online at my website. You'll be sent a list of consultation times so you can pick one that fits your schedule.
- Tell me as much as you already know about the photo and upload your photo(s). Don't forget to include any questions you have about the photos. My new consultation rate won't bust your budget either!
- Each 15 minute slot for up to three photographs costs $50.00.
- I will combine the skills of a private detective with those of a historian/genealogist and look at identifying characteristics. I look at all the photo details such as the background, hair styles, clothing styles, jewelry, uniforms, quilt patterns, make of automobiles, etc. and even facial resemblance. Each piece of evidence helps me to begin solving the mystery of when and where the photo was taken and who is pictured. I'll compare findings against any known family history or if additional genealogical research is necessary that can be discussed.
- I'll give you my findings in a telephone conversation which can be recorded; after the call, I'll send you a copy of an mp3 file so that you have the recording for yourself to listen to over and over again.