The Watch Muskegon Marketing pillar focuses on both a comprehensive regional marketing plan to attract visitors to Muskegon County as well as a local marketing plan to instill positive community pride. Marketing efforts include billboards, TV commercials, radio ads, social media, digital/print ads, promotional products, signage and more.
Since the beginning of the campaign, Watch Muskegon has made progress in influencing perception. Below is a brief summary of the Watch Muskegon marketing efforts.…
- Established and launched well-known brand messaging. (95% of Muskegon residents recall seeing or hearing messages related to the Watch Muskegon campaign)
- Placed over 50 billboards, 5000 radio ads, 50,000 TV commercials throughout West Michigan.
- Printed and distributed thousands of promotional items including apparel, stickers, yard signs, poster, banners, etc.
- Utilized the Watch Muskegon website and Google Adwords for online marketing.
- Generated a significant amount of positive news stories and interviews through various mediums.
- Launched #ThisIsMuskegon photo contest resulting in over 3,000 active participants for the month of July 2017.
- Utilized social media to promote events, positive stories, local businesses, etc. - increasing Facebook likes to over 10,000.
- Hosted multiple events and participated in numerous presentations to spread the word about the Watch Muskegon campaign.