Monday - Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
[Closed for lunch from 1 - 2]
Saturday: 10:00 a.ml to 1:00 p.m.
We are closed from lunch from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. so that people can come during their normal lunch breaks.
We Do Request Appointment For Quilt Check-in
These appointment times are approximations. It is very hard to schedule an exact time when you have no idea of when you will actually finish your top, or how traffic and weather will be. [Some of our customers drive from Pennsylvania or fly in!]
We also suggest taking a "call ahead approach". In other words, when you have your top completed and are ready to come in call to make sure when you should arrive.
Why ask for appointments?
We do have a few customers who come in and drop everything off and say "stipple it", "you choose the thread color," and pull out their charge cards.
However, most of our customers enjoy being part of the longarming design process. During that time we:
- Determine stitching possibilities from simple edge-to-edge, to the addition of borders, to custom, to highly custom;
- Choose the stitching designs, including the need for custom designs to be made specifically for the quilt;
- Choose the backing and its effect on displaying the stitching;
- Selecting the batting and its appropriateness for age groups, washing, and affect on the stitching design;
- Selecting the thread color(s) as appropriate for the top colors, top designs, and back visibility;
- Methods of borders being employed; and,
- Trimming and binding requirements.
As you can see, depending upon the needs, requirements, and involvement of the quilter, the check-in time can vary from short [5 minutes] to a significant amount of time [2 hours]. We feel this is appropriate as quilts can have a range of meanings to the quilter from "I just want it done" to "this is another part of the artistic processes".
Did you notice that I did all of this writing without answering the question of "Why"?
We want to spend time with the quilters during their check-in process. We like to avoid having people "pop in" when we are currently checking-in a group with in 6 quilts. We like to give everyone the attention they deserve.
We Do Have Notions
We do have a small notions area. It is what I would call "basic" as opposed to the $30,000 we originally invested in notions in 2004! The notions we have are those which we use in our day to day quilting and longarming.
So what do we carry?
- 875 Yd. Guttermann thread;
- Wedding Ring Template
- 'Lil Twister, Primitive Twister, Itty Bitty Twister Templates
- Log Cabin Trim Tool 6"
- Graph-It 12" graph paper tablet
- Magnetic Pick Up Sticks
- Seam Rippers
- Applique Pressing Sheet
- Quilting 1/4" tape
- 45 mm Rotary Cutters
- 45 mm Rotary Blade Refills
- Needles - hand and machine
- Grabb-it Magnetic Pin Cushion
- Bohin Marking Pencils
- Bohin extra fine ceramic refills - light and dark
- Print N Fuse
- 1" Grid Fusible Interfacing
- Stitch Witchery
- Needle Threader
- Wonder Clips
- Perfect Corner Rulers