Development Associate & Event Manager, Sonoma County
Ceres Community Project seeks candidates for the crucial position of Development Associate & Event Manager.
The Development Associate & Event Manager position is 40 hours per week and is available immediately.
We will be accepting applications for the position through April 15. Candidates should send a cover letter expressing why they are interested in working at Ceres Community Project and how their experience and skills match
the position, along with a current resume and three professional references with the reference's name, email address and daytime contact info to email@example.com
We will acknowledge receipt of your application and, if we would like to speak with you further we will contact you by
April 20. We apologize that we are unable to communicate personally with each applicant.
A job description for the position follows. Please help us spread the word about this opening at Ceres by passing this email on to anyone you know who may be interested. Thanks so much for your support of Ceres Community Project.
Founded in 2007, Ceres Community Project works to build healthy communities by restoring whole, organic and locally grown food to its place as the foundation of health, empowering youth, and connecting people in heart-centered ways to others and the earth.
Ceres Community Project's main program, Healing Meals for Healthy Communities, provides free and low-cost nourishing organic meals, nutrition education and caring support to people facing serious illness. All of the meals are prepared by teens that learn about growing, cooking and eating healthy whole foods and the connection between diet and health, develop life and work-ready skills, and discover their power to make a difference. The Healing Meals program improves healthy eating behaviors among clients, teens and adult volunteers and educates the whole community about the link between healthy eating and the health of both people and planet. It also strengthens the social fabric of the community, another factor that is at the root of health.
In addition to operating three program sites in Marin and Sonoma Counties, Ceres has trained thirteen communities nationally to replicate our model. We are also active at the state and national level in advocating for policies that support equitable access to healthy food and health care, including reimbursement for medically tailored meals by insurers. For more information, please visit
Position Title: Development Associate & Event Manager
40 hours/week, hourly
Eligible for benefits including health insurance, paid holidays and paid time off after 60 days.
The Development Associate & Event Manager provides donation, gift processing and database support working in concert with the Development Associate & Database Manager.
The Development Associate & Event Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of events designed to raise funds for, and/or, awareness of Ceres Community Project. This position also develops sponsorship, in-kind, and other arrangements with businesses and organizations interested in supporting Ceres.
- Processes financial and in-kind donations and prepares acknowledgement letters and other donor correspondence
- Creates monthly fundraising reports and reconciles monthly with Accounting (Quick Books)
- Updates and corrects database records
- Sends year-end statements to monthly donors (Kale Club) and recurring in-kind donors
- Completes accounts payable-stuffs, stamps, and mails checks (weekly)
- Makes bank deposit (weekly)
- Assists Development Associate & Database Manager to generate direct mail lists
- Maintains guest lists, gathers and prepares registration materials and handles other duties as needed for fundraising events
- Coordinates, manages, and implements events including, but not limited to, Donor Appreciation Event, Harvest of the Heart, and Ceres-Fest
- Coordinates with Volunteer Relations Manager, Teen Program Manager and Teen Program Administrator to secure volunteer involvement, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement
- Coordinate with Communications Team - event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events within budget
- Assists with procurement of silent auction, prize and in-kind donation solicitations for events as appropriate
- Assist in cultivation and expansion of sponsorship development and fulfillment including giving presentations and leading site visits
- Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractors/vendors
- Applies for all licenses and permits needed for events
- Maintain event module in Fundly CRM
- Assists the Development Director in other fundraising programs, as necessary
- A commitment to Ceres Community Project's mission and operating principles
- 2-4 years of experience in managing/coordinating successful special events
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- Experience with Fundly CRM, Auctria, Raisers Edge, Common Ground, or other nonprofit donor database or auction software preferred
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment such as phone systems and copiers
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience supervising volunteers a plus
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to communicate warmly and clearly
- Has a good awareness of self.
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships, and giving and receiving honest feedback
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- B.A. preferred
Reports to: Development Director. Participates in Staff meetings
Ceres Community Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and strongly encourages members of minority groups to apply.
All employment decisions at Ceres are made without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status or any other status protected by laws or regulations.
Heart Centered & Love Guided
We are committed to expressing love, trust, respect and integrity in
our lives, work and organization.
Nothing is left out. We work to have every action and choice lead to
the greatest positive impact.
Young People are the Future
Young People are intelligent, responsible, capable, creative and caring,
and must be central participants in shaping our collective future.
The Universe has a Purpose
Everything is connected, and life continually invites us to experience gratitude, abundance, connection, community and healing.