|Tip: BJ's sells 1.5 lb bags of pecan halves - some of the best and freshest we've tasted! We used these for our recipe.
1 lb pecan halves
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary (can use 1 tsp fresh instead)
1 tsp fresh orange zest
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 T olive oil
4 T unsalted butter
1 T water
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In small saucepan, melt butter. Then mix in oil, brown sugar and water.
4. Combine all dry ingredients and orange zest in small bowl.
5. Place pecans in large mixing bowl. First add butter/sugar mixture, tossing to coat pecans. Then add dry ingredients, again tossing to thoroughly coat pecans.
5. Place pecans in a single layer on a pan covered with parchment paper and roast 8 minutes. Be very careful not to overcook and burn the nuts!
6. Remove and allow to cool completely before separating.
7. Transfer to airtight container.
Can be stored for up to 3 weeks.