The Jackson Hole News & Guide
first became WebPress customers in 1999 when Grand Teton Publishing, home of the Jackson Hole Guide, purchased 2 Quad-Stack units to add to their Goss line. In 2002 the Guide merged with the Jackson Hole News, and a year later, added three Atlas perfectors and an Atlas Folder to their facility. 2004 brought the purchase of a 3rd Quad-Stack.
Merging the needs of a local community with information for tourists from all walks of life, including "the rich and famous", presents a unique set of circumstances for publishing in Jackson Hole. Kevin Olson, Publisher,
As a weekly, we strive for meaningful, long-form journalism (and briefs too), images, graphics, clean design - all to the delight of our readers. As a resort destination, we're writing for residents and visitors to give them a sense of community in an area that sees tens of thousands of visitors a day during the peak summer months." A great looking printed page is "part of our stamp of quality. It says we understand people are pressed for time, so we want to offer a great product while we have their attention."
"The Quad-Stacks give us an edge since they help our pressmen achieve great color without a lot of fight. If the opportunity (for additional equipment) presented itself, WebPress equipment would be my first choice." Kevin also responded that WebPress personnel are "accessible, responsive, knowledgeable, and personable. It's one of the great attributes of WebPress."
In total, the News and Guide production facility prints a
daily, four weeklies, and a shopper as well as other commercial jobs including national park newspapers, non-profit newsletters, course schedules for the community college, programs, etc.
WebPress is happy to be able to support the Jackson Hole News and Guide in its efforts to provide consistent quality for its readers.
LET'S CELEBRATE GREAT PUBLISHING!
The following WebPress customers garnered awards in the Better Newspaper Editorial and/or Advertising contests (or the organization equivalent) in their area. These awards represent entries from newspapers published during the 2014 calendar year. Some areas refer to it as a "2015" contest, and other "2014". Awards may be from the
Editorial / Journalism or Advertising categories.
National Newspaper Association Contest
- Jackson Hole News and Guide, WY: General Excellence Award, (5) 1st Place, (3) 2nd Place, (2) 3rd Place, (4) Honorable Mentions.
- Farm and Dairy, OH: (3) 2nd Place (1) 3rd Place, (2) Honorable Mentions
- The Standard Banner, TN: (1) 1st place, (2) 2nd place, (2) 3rd place, (1) Honorable Mention.
State or Regional Association Contests**
General Excellence or Sweepstakes awards:
- The Graham Leader, TX: General Excellence
- Bogalusa Daily News, LA: Advertising Sweepstakes
- St. Albans Messenger, VT: General Excellence
- Tooele Transcript Bulletin, UT: General Excellence
First Place Awards
- Daily Mountain Eagle, CO
- The Mountain Mail, CO
- Times-Citizen, IA
- Leader-News, KY
- Winchester Sun, KY
- Bogalusa Daily News, LA
- Minden Press Herald, LA
- The Bolivar Commercial, MS
- The Greenwood Commonwealth, MS
- The Enterprise Journal, MS
- Roanoke Rapids Daily Herald, NC
- Cleveland Daily Banner, TN
- The Herald Citizen, TN
- The Standard Banner, TN
- The Lebanon Democrat, TN
- The Memphis Daily News, TN
- The Princeton Daily Clarion, IN
- Tooele Transcript Bulletin, UT
- Coalfield Progress, VA
- St. Albans Messenger, VT
- Inter-County Co-op (Leader & Washburn Register), WI
Also Receiving Awards:
- The Holton Recorder, KS
- Chester County Independent, TN
- The Daily Tribune, GA
Note: **All companies listed received multiple awards at many levels. Some Associations have not published the results of this year's judging yet, and others don't have them available online. If your company was missed, or if you have received a different kind of excellence award, we would love to hear from you!
INCREASE YOUR VOCABULARY: shenango
Which sentence do you think properly uses the word "shenango"?
1. Her solo performance of the shenango advanced her to the next level of the competition.
2. They boys were put in time out after they were caught in the midst of their unruly shenango.
3. Being a shenango didn't help much when it came to paying the recurring monthly bills.
4. He tried to shenango his way to a better table by slipping the concierge $100.
Click Here to find the answer.
DOWNLOAD PARTS AND PRESSMAN MANUALS
Pressman Manuals and Parts Catalogs are available for free download from the User Group. You must be signed in to see the links.
LOG ON SIGN UP
"Nothing is more responsible for the good old days than a bad memory"
Widely read newspaper columnist Franklin Pierce Adams (1881-1960) known for his wit and humorous writing style.
Technical Help: Rick Guinn
General Questions or help with the Users Group:
You can also order parts through our website: www.webpressllc.com
Links to past newsletters, are now available on our website and in our user group.
WebPress products are proudly
MADE IN THE USA