MARIN MAGAZINE'S WEEKEND PICKS
81st Annual California Book Awards
A ceremony honoring the literary achievements of authors in the Bay Area. The Commonwealth Club (SF). 415.597.6700, commonwealthclub.org
Sidewalk CPR: Don't Miss a Beat
Learn how to perform hands-only CPR and how to use an AED through demonstrations from doctors, nurses, paramedics and firefighters. Various locations (Marin). 415.473.6871, marinems.org
35th Annual Fairfax Festival
Enjoy a parade, live music, children's activities, an eco-fest and more. Downtown (Fairfax). 415.485.5699, fairfaxfestival.com
Triathlon World champions, Olympic medalists and the best amateur athletes from around the world swim through frigid waters, bike 18 miles and run another 8 miles in a simulated attempt to escape from the famed prison. Various locations (SF). escapefromalcatraztriathlon.com
Le Petit Marché
An outdoor antique market reminiscent of a French neighborhood street market. Marin Veterans' Memorial Auditorium Parking Lot (San Rafael). 415.499.6800, marincenter.org
Elizabeth Gorek: Embodied
Presented by Seager Gray Gallery
Reception for the artist: Saturday June 9, 6-8 p.m.
Seager Gray Gallery presents this much anticipated exhibition of vintage bathers by Elizabeth Gorek. Gorek captures that evocative physicality and languor of women spending the day along the water. Large in scale, these painterly works convey a sensation of color and light triggering our fondest memories of summer. seagergray.com
Seager Gray Gallery
23 Sunnyside Avenue
Offers valid through June. For reservations call 415.383.3223 or visit evo-spa.com.
- Pamper Dad with a gentleman's facial. Specially designed for a man's skin and including a face, neck and shoulder massage, this treatment is fit for a king! $89.25 (reg. $105)
- Gentleman's Dream! The ultimate wrap, massage and facial. 2hours 30 minutes, $245.
- Tension Tamer Massage $75 (reg. $85).
- Jack Black Skincare for Men 10% off.
Pacheco Plaza Summer Music Series
Free Concert Kicks Off Friday June 8, 6-9 p.m.
Don your best Hawaiian shirt and come on down to hear Cole Tate's Uncle Buffett Band, a tribute night to Jimmy Buffett. Bring your favorite lawn chair and enjoy an array of food choices at the Plaza while you picnic under the stars. This is a family friendly event; carpooling is recommended. Located at Ignacio Blvd, Novato. 415.883.4646, ext. 204, pachecoplaza.com.
RSVP HOT TICKET
It's a Lawn Party for the Arts!
The Marin Art Festival features art from more than 200 fine artists. Come for the art and stay for the music! marinartfestival.com
- 11:00 a.m. - Del Medina and Ukulele Friends Ohana
- 12:30 p.m. - Rhythmtown-Jive
- 2:30 p.m. - Sycamore Slough String Band
- 4:30 p.m. - Lavay Smith and Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
- 11:00 a.m. - Austin and Caroline de Lone, Like Father Like Daughter
- 12:30 p.m. - Mariana Ingold & Kit Walker
- 2:00 p.m. - Maria Muldaur & Her Red Hot Blusiana Band
- 4:00 p.m. - Moonalice - Jam Band
GO! Travel Newsletter
Go! - Marin Magazine's Travel Newsletter featuring articles, travel tips and ways to save on your next adventure.