BOISE BEER BUDDIES
Craft Beer in Boise and Beyond
Brew News and Beer Events
THURSDAY, APRIL 6, 2017
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12, 2017
*** BOISE BEER BUDDIES ***
Craft Beer Fans ~ Thank you for your continued support!
Boise Beer Buddies appreciates all the new and renewing Beer Buddy Cardholders to keep the Weekly Beemails coming!
Quick reminder: Buddy Cards are good for one year.
Don't have a Buddy Card or need to renew? Get yours at
or find Boise Beer Buddies at
Thanks again and Cheers!
*** TASTE + CRAFT 2017 ***
Saturday, April 8th
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Payette Brewing Co
For anyone who enjoys local and regional beer, wine, spirits and food!
For 10% off, enter promo code "taste10" at checkout
"Do you spend more money on BEER than you do on your mortgage?"
*** ALASKA BEYOND ***
Featuring Boise Beer Buddies, PreFunk Beer Bar, Barbarian Brewing, Meriwether Cider Company, Bar Gernika and Idaho Craft Beer Month!
Pages 46 - 48
*** WHITE DOG BREWING - BOISE ***
Final construction permit got approved! Prepping for drywall and painting.
Specialty grain racks are in. The big silo outside holds the base malt while the specialty grains that add color, flavor, and mouthfeel come in 50 lb bags.
Hoping for a May opening...now waiting on the brewing permit from the Feds...
*** BARBARIAN BREWING ***
For the Downtown Taproom!
*** CLAIRVOYANT BREWING COMPANY ***
Firing up the Glycol System, Burner Tech Finished the BK,
HLT this Week, Epoxy on the Bar Top this Week
Opening in May
*** VISIT IDAHO ***
Idaho Craft Beer: A Must-Try List
*** 2017 IBR READER RANKINGS ***
Voting Open Through April 14th - Vote Daily
*** BEAR ISLAND BREWING ***
in Honor of Idaho Craft Beer Month!
*** SOCKEYE BREWING ***
*** BUDDIES DESIGNATED DRIVER SERVICE ***
*** CRESCENT "No Lawyers" BAR & GRILL ***
Pints up, craft beer fans! April 2017 is Idaho Craft Beer Month, which means it's open season on Idaho's best brews. Throughout April, breweries, taprooms, restaurants and retailers from all over the Gem State will celebrate Idaho's booming craft beer industry, and you're invited. Enjoy hopped-up events, tap takeovers and specials on Idaho beers all month long. Raise your glass and share your #PintsUpIdaho pics with us as you celebrate Idaho Craft Beer Month!
Check out the month-long event schedule Here
THURSDAY, APRIL 6:
* 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Beer Tasting
with Laughing Dog Brewing @ Boise Co-Op - North End Store
* 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm: First Thursday
in Downtown Boise: Art, Entertainment, Food, Wine, Cider and BEER Tastings
~ ~ Angells Bar & Grill Renato
999 W MAIN ST
Come Meet World Renown Executive Chef Franck Bacquet. Enjoy Free Tapas, Local Craft BEERS, Exquisite Wines, Exotic Cocktails, Live Music with Wilson Roberts and Art from World-Renowned Executive Chef Franck Bacquet!
Happy Hour from 4:00 to 6:00! Open Patio if weather permits!! Best Patio in Boise!
~ ~ Bittercreek Alehouse 246 N. 8th St
We have a different DJ form Radio Boise every First Thursday with a dollar per beer sold during the set returned to Radio Boise!
~ ~ City Peanut Shop 803 W BANNOCK ST
~ ~ The Front Door 105 S 6TH ST
Beer & dinner pairing with Oskar Blues. Cost is $35. reservations required
~ ~ LongDrop Cider 603 S CAPITOL BLVD
Basque Ciders & Dancers
: We'll be pouring two different Basque ciders in addition to our own.
It wouldn't be Basque without music and dance, so the Oinkari Basque Dancers and txalaparta players will be performing at 6:30 and 7:30 pm.
Smoke & Thyme will have $3 Pintxo plates all night, and we'll pour $1 "txotx"-sized ciders until close.
~ ~ Mixed Greens | Modern Gifts 237 N 9TH ST
Join us for our
in our new location! Live music by Douglas Cameron & John Fricke, refreshments (BEER!) by Grand Teton Brewing, bites from The Cake Ballers and City Peanut Shop, and Boise Beer Buddies with T-Shirts & Buddy Cards!
~ ~ Payette Brewing Company 733 S Pioneer Street
Fly Line (catch and) Release Party:
Fly Line Vienna Lager is back! Join us at Payette Brewing for a night featuring a seasonal favorite: Fly Line Vienna Lager. Featuring BEER specials, fly fishing tutorials, and more
~ ~ Meraki Greek Street Food
345 S 8TH ST
$3 Local Draft BEERS, $4 Local Wines, 20% off all bottled Greek Wine. $2 off all Appetizers like Spanikopita, Greek Cheese Sticks, and Baklava. We are also featuring local artists with Greek inspired art!
~ ~ UpCycle
380 S 8TH ST
We support local artists, local breweries, wineries, and your local watering hole every First Thursday. Come in early and take an indoor cycle class or TRX class, then enjoy a local beverage and chat with some local artists. #disruptboise
~ ~ Even Stevens Sandwiches
815 W BANNOCK ST
6-8pm: Even Stevens & Montucky Cold Snacks BEER tastings, giving a $1 back to The Idaho Foodbank for each Cold Snack sold, Valére Salon & Spa with hand and chair massages, and Neal Goldberg singing some sweet tunes from 7-9pm.
~ ~ Wear Boise
828 W IDAHO ST
Join us 5:00-8:00pm on 4/6 for
with Taste & Craft! We'll have Taste & Craft vendors, Vine 46 Winery and Barbarian Brewing, pouring local craft BEER and wine, and all Wear Boise merch will be 15% off!
~ ~ Idaho Mountain Touring
1310 W MAIN ST
5:30-7:00pm at our downtown location. Club Ride will be stopping by to serve BEER and we will have mystery discounts on Club Ride Apparel. Ridge to Rivers will also be in house.
~ ~ The North Face
802 W IDAHO ST
The North Face Boise is stoked to
Meriwether Cider Company and Boise GreenBike. Stop by to enjoy some delicious cider samples and put your name in the raffle for Premium Membership or Boise GreenBike growler!
~ ~ KEYSTONE Station
222 N 9TH ST
KEYSTONE station will host
KEYSTONE station is a new men's clothing store, bringing casual weekend-wear to downtown Boise.
~ ~ View the Complete First Thursday Event Guide and Map
or Pick Up a Copy of This Week's
for a Printed Guide to Take With You.
* 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Pint Night
with New Belgium Brewing @ Homestead Bar & Grill
FRIDAY, APRIL 7:
* Hoppy Birthday Tom McMahon!
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Albertsons - Lake Hazel w/BOISE BREWING & POWDERHAUS
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Albertsons - 16th & State w/MOTHER EARTH & CROOKED FENCE
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Albertsons - 36th & State w/SLANTED ROCK & COUNTY LINE
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Albertsons - State & Eagle Rd w/EDGE & GRAND TETON
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Albertsons - Columbia Village w/SOCKEYE BREWING & MAD SWEDE
* 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Tap Takeover @ Winco - Myrtle w/EDGE, CROOKED FENCE & SLANTED ROCK
* 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm:
Friday Night Flight
@ BOISE HOTSPOT with Appetizers, Wine and Automated BEER Wall
* 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm: "Friday Nights at The Tower" @ The Tower Grill
in Nampa with Local Craft Beer on Tap
SATURDAY, APRIL 8:
* 9:00 am - 10:15 am: Yoga for Good
Benefiting Project Welcome Home Troops @ PAYETTE BREWING CO
* 9:00 am - 5:00 pm: Crazy Daze
@ Brundage w/Pond Skimming,
Treasure Hunt, Poker Run, Costume Contest and BEER Relay
* 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm: POWDERHAUS BREWING @ Whole Foods
* 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Local IPA Tasting
@ HOMEBREWSTUFF - Craft Bottle Shop & Taproom
: April is Idaho Craft Beer Month. To celebrate we will be rolling out some of our own home-grown hoppy ales. We will sample out some classic Idaho favorites as well as a few newcomers and experimental IPA's from local breweries. Drop by and celebrate Idaho Craft Beer Month with us.
SUNDAY, APRIL 9:
* Hoppy Birthday Marc Vanderwiel!
* 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Tap Takeover @ Whole Foods River Room with EDGE, PAYETTE & MOTHER EARTH
MONDAY, APRIL 10:
* Hoppy Birthday Mike Edmondson!
* 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Kegs4Kause
Benefiting Winter Wildlands Alliance @ PAYETTE BREWING CO
* 6:30 pm: Fundraiser for Michael Stevens
@ HIGHLANDS HOLLOW BREWHOUSE: Former Hollow team member, father of two, diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer.
There will be silent auction items, food, beverage, & live music!
TUESDAY, APRIL 11:
* 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Pint Night @ The Curb Bar & Grill with SOCKEYE, SLANTED ROCK, AND COUNTY LINE
* 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Free Tasting
with Rogue Ales @ BREWER'S HAVEN - Nampa
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 12:
* April 14: Chemistry of the Cocktail @ Discovery Center
* April 15: Boise Hempfest @ Julia Davis Park
* May 6: AHA Big Brew Day and Scratch & Dent Sale @ HOMEBREWSTUFF
* May 15 - 21: American Craft Beer Week
* May 19: The Sandbar Patio Bar & Grill & Pool Bar - Opening for the Season
* June 11: Savor Idaho 2017
* August 5: Magic Valley Beer Festival @ Twin Falls City Park
* August 12: Tour de Fat @ Ann Morrison Park
*** BOISE BREWING ***
Sale of stock is still open to most residents in the state.
Initial Investment Deadline -
April 30, 2017
*** SPRING CREEK BREWING COMPANY ***
*** BOISE GREENBIKE ***
New Members Receive a $5 Credit
with Promo Code BOIS58812
*** BOISE BEER BUDDIES ***
Receive Specials At These
* Contact BUDDIES DESIGNATED DRIVER SERVICE 7 Days a Week, 7:00 pm to 4:00 am, getting both you AND your vehicle home safely. Call or Text 208-870-7271 or for more info
(Use Your BOISE BEER BUDDIES Membership Card and Receive $2 Off!)
* Contact MyDD, DESIGNATED DRIVERS FOR HIRE, 7 Days a Week, 6:00 pm to 3:30 am, getting both you AND your vehicle home safely. Call or Text 208-918-0987 or for more info
(Use Your BOISE BEER BUDDIES Membership Card and Receive $2 Off!)