Wednesday, October 11: No classes
On Wednesday, October 11 there will be no classes for students. Students will be engaged in a number of different activities, based on their grade level.
Freshmen - Freshmen will be participating in the Freshman Day of Service. They should arrive at school by 7:45 am wearing closed toed shoes and their Captain Blazer shirt. They should also bring a water bottle. Students should review the information sent to them by Ms. Spitler, Campus Minister.
Sophomores - Sophomores will be taking the PSAT test. They should arrive at school by 7:45 am dressed in their uniforms and with a fully-charged laptop. Students should review the information sent to them by Ms. Gant, Testing Coordinator.
Juniors - Juniors will be taking the PSAT/NMSQT Test. Students should arrive at school by 7:45 am dressed in their uniforms with a fully-charged laptop. Students should review the information sent to them by Ms. Gant, Testing Coordinator.
Seniors - Seniors are invited to attend a voluntary College Essay Review Workshop in the library. Students should review the information sent to them by Ms. Denz, College Counselor.
- Any student-athletes wishing to remain at Trinity until the start of their later afternoon or evening practices or games, can report to the SMGAF at 12:15 pm to be supervised by Athletics staff.
Please note that the following:
- The building will close at 12:30 pm
- Trinity’s buses will depart at 12:10 pm
Coming Soon: Block 1 Final Exams
The end of the block is approaching quickly. Students will take final exams on Wednesday and Thursday, October 25 & 26. We are in the process of revising the final exam schedule and in next week’s newsletter will share the final version with parents / guardians.
Senior Block Exam Exemptions
Seniors may be eligible to exempt their block exams in some of their classes. In order to exempt an exam the following conditions must be met:
- Be enrolled in a College Prep class (there are no exemptions in IB classes)
- Be enrolled in a class in which exemptions are permitted (Exemptions are up to teacher discretion)
- Have a minimum average of 93% in the class, determined one week before exams
- Not have more than 4 absences
- Not be on behavior or academic probation
- Not have any unpaid financial obligations
Please note that teachers will inform seniors via email if they have exempted their exam. All questions on exemptions should be directed to the teacher.