The theme for this year's Reflections is: "What is Your Story?" Here's what you should be doing this summer to kick off the program at your school:
- Register for the 2016-17 program via the link below.
- Request a Local Leader's Guide, state-specific dates, forms and additional information from the Washington State PTA.
- Take the Reflections Leader Training (on demand).
- Coordinate your kick-off with National Arts in Education Week (Sept. 7-11).
- Distribute and share the 2016-17 Reflections Poster to advertise this year's theme.
Webinar: Supporting Hispanic Students' Success - September 15
Twenty-five percent of students today are Hispanic, and Hispanic children and youth are the fastest-growing population in America. We know that Hispanic and Latino parents want the best for their children and want to be engaged, but there are cultural and language barriers that make it challenging. As Hispanic families head back to school, it is important they are equipped with tools and resources to help their children start strong and stay on track to success. In this webinar, you will gain knowledge of the impact of family engagement on student success and ways to support Hispanic and Latino children's learning and development in school, at home and in the community.