What Every Office Needs...Coffee.
Are you a fan of coffee? If your answer is oh yes, you're probably looking forward to crisp fall mornings with a cup of your favorite coffee concoction.
As a coffee fan, you're not alone. According to
FoodandManufacturing.com, 85% of Americans drink coffee daily. Coffee we have now come to find out, may actually have health benefits for those who consume it regularly.
Did you know...
- Regular coffee consumption (caffeinated or decaffeinated) has been shown to help prevent type 2 diabetes? According to Frank Hu, MD, MPH, PhD of the Harvard School of Public Health, "The data on coffee and type 2 diabetes is "pretty solid and is based on more than 15 published studies. The vast majority of those studies have shown a benefit of coffee on the prevention of diabetes. And now there is also evidence that decaffeinated coffee may have the same benefit as regular coffee."
- Hu also says, "For Parkinson's disease, the data has always been very consistent: higher consumption of coffee is associated with decreased risk of Parkinson's. That seems to be due to caffeine, though exactly how that works isn't clear."
- Coffee, sans cream and sugar, is very low in calories with just 7 calories in a 6oz cup. It warms you up in the winter.
- Some people even claim drinking a hot beverage such as coffee when you're hot can cool you down due to your body warming and then sweating more. You'll have to be the judge of this for yourself.
- Coffee may be linked to high productivity by making you less sleepy. (We knew this already, but now we have proof). The caffeine in coffee blocks a substance in the brain called Adenosine. Adenosine is what makes you sleepy.
So go forth and drink your coffee good people. It turns out it's actually pretty good for you! Keep your coffee convenient too by using the Keurig Brewing System. With a huge variety of coffee flavors to choose from, you're bound to find a few you really love. The Keurig System is simple to use and you'll always have a freshly brewed cup.
Check out featured coffee selections in the Coffee Corner of this newsletter.