Issues and Trends
What are the Greatest Issues, Trends and Strategies
for Today's N
onprofits in Achieving S
Nonprofits are important players in every community. They are private and family foundations; universities and colleges; medical centers and clinics; churches, social service organizations; economic development corporations; theaters; museums; and sports leagues.
- More than 1.8 million organizations in the United States are considered "nonprofit."
- Some are so large they rival Fortune 500 companies in terms of payroll and impact on the economy.
- Others are so small that all the work is performed by volunteers and/or a small staff.
- The name "nonprofit" itself is misleading because it is not profit - but private benefit that is prohibited.
- Within the nonprofit collaborative support system, lawyers play a critical role as board members and substantial contributors.
- Today's nonprofit demands special expertise and networking for its legal needs.
- If it is to grow and be self-sustaining, a nonprofit needs an experienced support system of lawyers, accountants, insurance agents and fundraisers who are skilled in handling the challenges facing nonprofits in 2016.
Did You Know There Are.....?
- Multiple regulatory bodies that monitor nonprofits including the IRS; Attorney General; Charitable Regulators, local municipalities and licensing bodies.
- Transactional nonprofit deals - mergers; acquisitions; sales of assets; corporate divisions; voluntary dissolutions.
- Real property tax challengers and tax credit opportunities.
- Commercial co-venture arrangements and social entrepreneurship.
- Best Practices and enterprise risk management controls.
- Personnel/employment; benefits; policies; executive compensation, insurance coverage and protection of confidential property.
A nonprofit's life cycle requires constant capacity assessment and relationship building
. We can provide the professional expertise to guide the growth of our clients in a cost effective and highly competent manner.
to read more on how we can assist.