What is your all-time favorite Christmas movie? Here are some idea starters:
- White Christmas
- The Bishop’s Wife
- A Christmas Carol
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Miracle on 34th Street
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- The Polar Express
Seems our favorite theme from Joanna Borns’ list is:
Someone Straight Up Is Santa Claus
Despite a moderate amount of skepticism from the protagonist, you discover that some regular dude is the real Santa Claus. And everyone's like "Whaaaaaaat?"
To set the Christmas stage, Hollywood almost always takes our deepest human fears, such as:
- being unemployed,
- a single Mom trying to make ends meet,
- an overworked Dad who misses the human connection,
- living with overwhelming sadness,
- a life-changing accident,
- a longing for companionship/fellowship,
- having unrealized God-given ability.
And then, finish with the Miracle of Christmas!
Today, on #GivingTuesday we all have a chance to join Team #FightForGood and be someone’s 2017 Christmas Miracle
“Pay it Forward” (sticking with the movie theme)
TODAY with a gift of your time, talent and/or treasure, to The Salvation Army – an organization that has been blessed by God to
champion all of these themes 365 days of the year for more than 150 years.
Ways you can help to “Pay it Forward”
in Collier County, Florida on #Giving Tuesday, November 28, 2017:
- Sign up to leave a gift under the tree here: http://bit.ly/collierangel
- Sign up to ring a bell here: http://bit.ly/ringswfl
- To donate to The Salvation Army Naples Regional Coordinate: http://bit.ly/teamarmy17
OR simply tell two friends
via YOUR Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account or by sharing this email TODAY!
We just ask you share them with a link from above or tag pictures with one of our social accounts listed at the bottom.
Merry Christmas to ALL!
Majors Dan and Francina Proctor