Be Aware and Stay Current - Protect Your Greatest Investment - Your Home
3542 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA93422
To be professional in any aspect of life, one needs to consider the advice of professionals. This goes for your outward appearance as well; good old "first impressions" set the stage.
The owner, Aubree Koenig, is one of those professionals who listens and even suggest some exciting possibilities for your desired look. Her Portfolio for women and "yes" men also includes special occasions, weddings, or just a need for a change.
Local Vineyard Listings
Live Your Dream. Become a part of the dream, not just experiencing. Let others enjoy your dream.
Sourced from: California Regional MLS
Find Your Favorite
Wine Varietal at a Local Winery
Find out what varietals are produced by
, as well as learn a little about each varietal or blend style. Use this list along with your
Wine Tasting Map
to help plan your next visit to Paso Robles Wine Country.
North County Six Month Snapshot
Let's Take Current Inventory for Single Family Residences:
- Days On Market: 109
- Median Price: $449,000
- Price Compared to Last Year: -7%
- Number of Properties on the Market: 173
Call us for a Free Evaluation of your Family Residence.
Source: Keller Williams North County
April Event Highlights
Art After Dark
April 1, 2017 - Studios on the Park
6:00pm to 9:00pm
Exoica Bicycle Event
April 8-9, 2017 - Downtown City Park
8th-7:00am to 9:30pm
9th-9:00am to 8:30pm
Hop To It - Visit the Easter Bunny
April 15, 2017 - Downtown City Park
11:00am to 2:00pm
Vintage Sidecar Rendezvous & Recycled Treasures, Antique Motorcycles & British Vintage Car Club
April 22, 2017 - Downtown City Park
9:00 to 3:00
Paso Robles Farmer's Market
Tuesdays from 3-5 pm
11th Street between the Library & the Park
Templeton Farmer's Market
Saturdays from 9am-12:30pm
At the Town park - 6th & Crocker Streets
April 8, 2017 - Charles Paddock Zoo
Atascadero Farmer's Market
Sunken Gardens - Downtown Atascadero
Wednesdays from 3-5 pm
Local News Headlines
What up with Eagle Ranch in Atascadero
The Eagle Ranch Specific Plan proposes the annexation of an undeveloped 3,457± acre area adjacent to Atascadero’s southern boundary.
- 494 single-family residential lots;
- 93 multi-family units (senior housing, workforce housing & mixed-use units);
- Resort Hotel: 44.9 acres; 100 rooms and associated amenities;
- Village Center: 3.9 acres; 15,000 sq. ft. retail, offices, postal facilities, meeting space;
- Highway Commercial: 15.2 acres; 200-room hotel & facilities and sit down restaurant;
- Public Park: 7.4 acres; includes small amphitheater;
- Equestrian Staging Area: 1.6 acres;
- Roads: 19 +/- miles internal network of roads;
- Trails: 16.9 +/- miles of paved multi-use paths, unpaved trails, and trail easement(s);
- Open Space and Agriculture: 2,285 +/- acres; consisting of agricultural, private & public open space.
Read Full Article
Where did the colored eggs, cute little bunnies, baby chicks, leg of lamb dinners, and lilies come from? They are all symbols of rebirth and the lamb was a traditional religious sacrifice.
- Mint Crusted Rack of Lamb
I love how the sweet, herbaceous crust works with the subtly gamey meat. View Recipe
- Sweet Easter Quick Bread
The time it takes to make this dish is worth it when you bite into a tantalizing piece. It tastes even more excellent served warm with butter or cheese.
- Easter Egg Cookies
SOOOO CUTE!!! and easy enough for small children to help prepare. Use tiny colored jelly beans as eggs to decorate these coconut nests. View Recipe
- Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs
Prepare the dyes ahead of time because of the time involved. I used red cabbage, red onion, yellow onion, blueberries, paprika, tumeric. Either use hard boiled eggs or hollowed out eggs. View Recipe
Local Real Estate Viewpoint
By: Ron Johnson Associate Broker
I'm always asked, "How's the real estate market? The answer is not always easy, but my response currently is it's "Shifting". So what does that mean, indicators are giving us mixed signals. Here are my observations:
1) The local Median Price is down two months in a row, but at the same time well maintained, quality homes are selling for some of the highest prices in history.
2) I look at the "sweet spot" of the market, the price range that represents the highest volume of total sales. That range was $400,000 to $500,000 last month and is now $500,000 to $600,000.
3) Homes which are nice, have some minor issues such as car traffic but are otherwise quality, desirable homes; are sitting with prices being reduced.
4) To expand on 3) above, Homes that are nice with no real physical defects, other than being dirty, not staged, poorly maintained, etc. are also not selling as quickly as one would expect in the low inventory market.
Summary: Quality, well maintained, well staged homes are selling for premium prices.
If you would like a no charge consultation on how to make your home the shinning star rather than the black hole, give me a call or send me an email.
Are There Any Sulfite Free Wines?
First, why are sulfites contained in wine in the first place?
- Sulfites develop naturally as a by-product of fermentaton.
- More sulfites are often added by manufacturers as a preservative and to prevent oxidation (browning).
Should I be concerned about sulfites?
- If you are able to eat raisins or other sulfite-loaded foods, then you probably do not have a sulfite-sensitivity. A small number of people (about 1% of the population) however are very sensitive to sulfites.
If you want to avoid sulfites.
- Buy a large decanter and decant all wine, allowing the wine to aerate and excess sulfur dioxide to escape before you drink.
- Find a good quality “no sulfite added” or “NSA” wine, or a wine with very minimal amounts of sulfite.
- Contrary to common belief, red wines do not contain more sulfites than white wine; both white and red wines contain sulfites. So avoiding red wine will not help.
Read Full Article
Quick Real Estate Facts | California
Median Home Price
California - $478,790
Highest Median Home Price
San Mateo - $1,352,000
Lowest Median Home Price
Glen - $181,500
Sourced from: California Association of REALTORS®
Economics | Agriculture
WiVi conference speakers discuss labor and vineyard mechanization in the Central Coast
Wine company founder Jeff O'Neill shared data about wine production and sales costs for Paso Robles, Calif., compared to Napa and Sonoma counties during the recent WiVi conference.
Labor still a major concern:
Speaking about labor, Steve McIntyre did not have much good news when detailing how an already tight market could become much tighter if the new administration in Washington, D.C., follows through on its promises of even more stringent border enforcement and deportations.
Benefits of mechanization:
In a session about vineyard mechanization, Simon Graves, director of vineyard operations for Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) said the company has invested in 24 mechanical harvesters by Pellenc.
Read Full Article
Copyright © Wines & Vines
Interior Design Trends 2017
Karla Dreyer Design
- Do you have an open concept or more of a separate room layout
With open concepts paint all one color to highlight the open flow. Separate rooms can be painted with simular colors in different shades.
- Stay open to dark colors, they are in.
Darker colors are good for smaller spaces, bedrooms (one wall), and a den. Use a Matte finish.
- Don't be afraid to paint wood.
If the kitchen cabinets are tired yet are structurally sound, have them professionally painted. Also, transform paneling or baseboards.
- Think Matte Finish
Add an extra kick to accessories with a darker paint colors in a matte finish. Gloss is on its way out.
- Don't forget the ceilings
Can always paint white. To give that special effect of height and richness by painting with a lesser tint.
- Test it out before you commit
Once you have chosen a color, live with the samples at least a full a day in different lighting.
Source: Karla Dreyer Design
If you already have an agency relationship with a real estate agent, it is not our intention to solicit or interfere with that agency relationship.