The HBASC has embraced the National Association of Home Builders - Home Builders Institute Pre-Apprentice Certification Training Program (HBI PACT)
and re-branded it as the
HBASC Trades N Training Program.
We have coordinated the adoption of this program in Durango & Bayfield High School shop classes.
Program highlights include:
- Offers students the opportunity to gain experience & certification in a variety of construction related trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, building construction technology, and others
- Integrates contextual, work-based learning with vocational and academic skills training in the classroom;
- Includes employability and life skills, career development, and on-the-job training.
This program will not only assist our industry in providing a skilled workforce, but we will also be providing our youth career opportunities that they may not otherwise have access to.
HBASC Trades N' Training Financial Requirements:
- HBI Start-up Licensing fees: $4,750 per location - paid by DHS, BHS & HBASC
- Books per student: $90 - paid by DHS & BHS
- Certificates: $75 each - paid by DHS & BHS
- Instructor Travel: $1,000 - Completed on 9/26 & 9/27 - Paid by HBASC
- Estimated Project Materials: $4,000 per location - Paid by HBASC
- Estimated Tools/Equipment expense: $1,000 per location - Paid by HBASC
Each Location will construct a Tiny Home to allow students to participate in each phase of residential construction.
HBASC Trades N' Training Financial agreements:
HBASC has pre-allocated Community Investment funds from the 2018 Jim Dixon Golf Tournament.
- Complete segregation of member contributed funds
- Payments will be reviewed and approved by designated builder committee member prior to funding
- Program will be expanded to surrounding schools as funding allows
We still need your help!
& other opportunities abound!
Youth Investment Committee members will be reaching out.
Please contact the HBASC office (970-382-0082)