FAME currently has the following counselling services available in Dufferin County:
- Drop-In Supportive Counselling for family members or friends supporting someone with a mental illness and/or addiction is available in Shelburne at the Mel Lloyd Centre each Thursday between the hours of 9:30am and 4:00pm. Services can be accessed at the Shelburne Employment Resource Centre, located at Entrance "E"
- In partnership with Canadian Mental Health Association - Peel, FAME presents Recovery Supporters, a 6 week educational program for families supporting someone with a mental illness and/or addiction. Join us to learn about how we can support recovery in mental health through:
- Engaging in supportive communication
- Setting healthy limits and boundaries
- Supporting goals
- Applying methods of self-care
Please sign up for the next Recovery Supporters in Dufferin!
For more information on these programs or any other services provided by FAME, please contact Gloria Segovia, Family Support Worker at 905-452-7770 or