Collective Impact Approach
DC MOVES has been created to provide better service to community members by sharing local information, supporting collaboration and developing the bigger picture view of human services in Dufferin County.
- A key DC MOVES commitment is to use a Collective Impact (CI) approach. CI includes developing meaningful measures to track progress and impact when addressing complex social issues. This includes four core components for success:
- governance and infrastructure - focused on leadership and design
- strategic planning - focused on priority setting and implementation planning
- community engagement - focused on understanding the unique context
- evaluation and improvement - focused on assessing progress and impact.
Each component is developed and delivered through five phases of work. These include assessing readiness, initiating action, organizing for impact, beginning implementation and sustaining action. This collaborative work is supported by a Leadership Table.
As the DC MOVES Coordinator, my workplan is focused on supporting the Leadership Table while applying the CI approach. Communicating with the community, through this bulletin, is also part of my work plan. Please keep the contributions coming.
One more request - mark your calendars for the next DC MOVES Forum on June 21, 2017. Dufferin Child and Family Services has graciously offered its Multi-Purpose room and we accepted!