Winter Market #2
Our first Farmers Market of 2015 is number 2 in this season's Winter Market schedule and looks to be a good one. The market is open from 9 to 11 am -- rain, snow, or shine -- at the usual market location. As of this writing we're still waiting on confirmation from some vendors but are happy to share those who are already confirmed. We're also using the Winter Markets as an opportunity to try out some new folks that we might want to invite to future markets, including Taste of Puebla, making its debut this week (details below).
The list below is just some of the vendors we're expecting. As always, get in touch with your favorite market vendors ahead of time to make any special orders and reserve your must-have items. See you on Saturday!
- MoJo's Pop Co: Random sampling of seasonal products.
- Bonnie's Wondergardens : Arrangements for both inside and outside your home plus other natural decorations; 610-259-1733
- Livengood Family Farm: Meats and lots of other farm stuff.
- Take Me Bake Me: New pizza -- Nutrition Delight -- featuring red sauce, mushrooms, sweet onions, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. 484-678-3734
- Wilsons Curiously Good Foods: Soups, pasta sauce and chocolates.
- Creative Shepherd Farm: Lots of hard cheeses, soft roasted garlic cheese, jams, salsa, honey, garlic, and quick breads with yummy cream cheese frosting. email@example.com
- Waffatopia: Limited edition Sweet and Stormy waffle made with Victory Beer! Pre-orders encouraged; send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 484-639-9327
- Freeland Market: Fresh sausages, charcuterie and smoked meats.
- Snyder's Produce: Orange juice, Brussels, Dutch lettuce, watercress (limited), pea shoots.
- Jerome's European Bread: Bavarian pretzels, baguettes, multi-grain baguettes, demi baguettes, Italian loaves with & without seeds, rye bread and salted rye bread sticks, olive loaves. 484-832-9770
- Taste of Puebla: NEW VENDOR! Gourmet Mexican restaurant from Kennett Square offering guacamole, chicken and pork tamales, corn chips, pico de gallo, salsa fresca, spicy red salsa. Samples will be available.
Next Market: Help Reopen the Lansdowne Theater
Our February 21 Winter Market coincides with the Historic Lansdowne Theater Corporation's petition signing drive to allow a referendum to appear on the May 19 ballot that would allow for alcohol to be sold in the Lansdowne Theater. This special performing arts center license would allow for the sale of alcohol ONLY in the theater before, during and after performances. For additional information visit LansdowneTheater.org or on Facebook at Save the Lansdowne Theater
Winter Recreation Programs
Lansdowne Parks and Recreation's Winter Programs are just getting underway and feature a world of opportunities to exercise your body and sharpen your mind. Most class sessions allow drop-in attendance on a week-to-week basis as well. For more information, view the program guide or call 610-284-1493.
Deadline Extended for Art in the Park Contest
The Union Gardens Elm Street Project, a program of the LEDC, announces a new and exciting opportunity for artists of every level to decorate one of five new concrete park benches. The benches will be installed at Interboro Park in Lansdowne. Design entries are due by March 13. Five designs will be selected and each winner will receive a $200 cash prize along with their name and the name of the winning design on a plaque displayed forever on the back of the bench. Decisions will be made by early April with painting to be undertaken in mid-April or May. Click here for complete details and rules.
In addition to the wonderful goings-on listed in the column at left,
don't miss these upcoming events:
Bill Staines at Lansdowne Folk Club
Thursday, January 22, 7:30 pm; $17-20
Twentieth Century Club, 84 S. Lansdowne Avenue
First Friday at Art Space Lansdowne
Featuring Elliot Borgman, Angela Urso, Maya Winters, and more
Friday, February 6, 6:00 - 9:00pm; free
25 S. Lansdowne Avenue
Lansdowne Friends School Open House
Tuesday, February 8, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
110 N. Lansdowne Avenue
Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra Valentine's Concert
Sunday, February 15, 3:00 pm; $5-$18
Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, 601 N. Lansdowne Avenue, Drexel Hill
Do you have an event to announce?
Send your upcoming events to email@example.com to have them included in this space!
Read our announcement and advertising policies.
View the complete listing of local events.