Farmers Market Saturday
This Saturday marks the next-to-last monthly Winter Farmers Market of the 2015-16 season, the final one before the arrival of Spring. Of course, there's still one more "Winter" Market coming up on April 16 before the official season kicks off on May 28 (keep checking the LFM website for more information about the 2016 season). Anyway, here's who we know will be there this Saturday, from 9 to 11 am at the usual market location:
- Bonnie's Wondergardens: Pansies, herbs, cold weather veggies and flowers
- Taste of Puebla: Guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa fresca, corn chips, and 3-pack of tamales (chicken, pork and vegan)
- Kiss My Soul Naturals: Handmade soaps, peppermint foot scrubs and hand-poured soy candles
- Freeland Market: Meats
- Amazing Acres Goat Dairy: Goat cheeses, including Honey Lavender Chèvre, Dill Chèvre, and Banon (a disc of goat cheese wrapped in a brandy-soaked grape leaf)
- Neil's Sharpening Service
- Green Zebra Farm: Kale, outrageously crisp and sweet carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and tomato sauces
- Kia's Cakes: Cupcakes, cake slices, muffins, banana bread, cookies, banana pudding parfaits, and vegan cheesecakes
- Paradocx Vineyards: Wine
- FBG Salsa (New Vendor): Salsa, Irish whiskey cakes
- Creative Shepherd Farm: Cheese, eggs, jam, salsa, yarn
Egg Hunt and Ribbon Cutting at Hoffman Park
Kick off the Lansdowne Parks and Recreation Egg Hunt this Saturday with a ribbon cutting to celebrate recently completed renovations, including a refurbished pavilion, improved landscaping, new lighting and pathways at Hoffman Park. Starts at 1 pm and runs until 3 pm. Games, prizes and pictures with the bunny! Rain date is Saturday March 26.
Library Hosts Book Signing with Robert L. Bingham
Also this Saturday, the Lansdowne Public Library (55 South Lansdowne Avenue, 610-623-0239) hosts author Robert L. Bingham for a discussion about and signing of his book "Growing Up Lansdowne." A memoir of a young man during the '50s and '60s filled with pictures, this book is part social landscape, part local, and part love story.
Icery Reopening on Saturday, March 26
The Icery (23 N. Lansdowne Ave.) will officially open its doors for the 2016 season on the first weekend of spring. The season starts Saturday, March 26 with a celebration featuring FREE samples and a face painting party!
The Kennedys at Lansdowne Folk Club - Thursday, March 31
Lansdowne Folk Club presents The Kennedys on Thursday, March 31. Held at Twentieth Century Club, 84 S. Lansdowne Avenue, Lansdowne, PA. Doors open at 7:00 pm, show begins at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $17 with advance reservation and $20 without an advance reservation. Free on-street parking. For advance tickets, reservations or information call (484) 466-6213, visit folkclub.org, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the wonderful goings-on listed in the column at left, don't miss these upcoming events:
Lansdowne Farmers Market Opening Day
Saturday, May 28, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
30 N. Lansdowne Avenue
Do you have an event to announce?
Send your upcoming events to email@example.com to have them included in this space!
Read our announcement and advertising policies.