NEWS: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Registration is open for Women's Entrepreneurship Symposium
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., Jan. 19, 2012 - Registration is now open forDrury's Women's Entrepreneurship Symposium, (WES) on Feb. 4. To register, go to www.drury.edu/ejc/wes, e-mail: email@example.com, or call (417) 873-6357. The symposium runs from 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The $25 registration fee includes breakfast and lunch.
- Keynote speakers - Adrienne Kallweit, owner and founder, Seeking Sitters and Shannon Wilburn, co-founder and CEO, Just Between Friends. Both women founded companies in Tulsa, Okla.
- Be bold, present yourself - Kim Hartmayer, executive and personal coach, KimHartmayer.com.
- Impressing your banker - Kristy Chastain, business lender, Arvest Bank.
- Made in Springfield by women: Women in manufacturing panel - Christine Daues, owner, Granolove and Denise McIntosh, CEO, Integrated Containment Systems & Custom Powder Systems.
- Not your mother's Avon Lady: Explore direct sales - Janna Woods, executive director, Melaleuca and Lisa Cox, sterling manager, Silpada Designs.
- Don't sell yourself short: Pricing your goods or services - Dr. Kelley Still, executive director, Drury University Edward Jones Center for Entrepreneurship.
- How to sell to the government - Mary Love, procurement director, Missouri Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.
- Reality check: Are you ready to be self-employed? - Laura McCaskill, managing partner, The Medical Package, LLC
The conference begins at 8 a.m. in Reed Auditorium of the Trustee Science Center (TSC) on Drury's campus. The TSC is located at the corner of Drury Lane and Chestnut Expressway.
Drury is an independent University, church related, grounded in the liberal arts tradition and committed to personalized education in a community of scholars who value the arts of teaching and learning. Education at Drury seeks to cultivate spiritual sensibilities and imaginative faculties as well as ethical insight and critical thought; to foster the integration of theoretical and practical knowledge; and to liberate persons to participate responsibly in and contribute to a global community. For more information, visit www.drury.edu/strategicplan.
Marketing and Communications staff are available to news media 24 hours a day at (417) 839-2886. Visit the Marketing and Communications office online at http://news.drury.edu. Resources include a searchable Expert Guide, staff contacts and downloadable print-quality images and logos.