Improve Cognitive Health: Know the Risks and the Best Practices
Keeping your brain healthy is important to healthy aging. The National Institute of Aging has identified risks to cognitive health.
Although you cannot control genetic factors, there are some lifestyle and environmental influences that you do have control over. For the risks identified above, they have practices that you can adopt to take care of your brain.
- Manage your health with regular screenings and check-ups
- Eat healthy foods and control portion sizes
- Be physically active to maintain strength and garner more energy
- Keep your brain active through reading and learning
- Stay connected and socialize