Thank you for your continued membership in EGSA. With your support, we accomplished many great things in 2016. Here are some of the highlights:
- We hosted two great conferences - Spring in San Antonio, TX and Fall in Sacramento, CA and new this year: we offered modules from the Rowley schools at each conference to add value for the attendees.
- The third annual Technician of the Year Award (TOYA) was presented at the Fall Conference (see the November/December issue of Powerline for our interview with the TOYA winner, Dave Yuro of Modern Power Systems).
- Along with hosting 7 Rowley Schools, EGSA also held two webinars to assist members in enhancing their presentation skills. We also entered into a partnership with Columbia Southern University to offer members a 10% discount on tuition for online courses.
- We formed two new committees: the Loadbank Certification Sub-Committee is an offshoot of the Education Committee and they will develop an EGSA certification program for Load Banks. The Technical Oversight Committee (TOC) will create video content and publish articles about various technical issues affecting the On-Site Power Industry. See the November/December issue of Powerline for more information.
- Eight David L. Coren Scholarships were awarded in 2016. To-date, we have provided more than a quarter million dollars in scholarships to students across the country pursuing degrees in On-site Power.
- Thanks to the generosity of EGSA Member firm, Russelectric, EGSA awarded 6 Raymond G. Russell Education grants to our nation's veterans in order to cover their costs to attend one of our Rowley schools.
- Speaking of Veterans, along with EGSA Member firm, Fairbanks Morse Engine, EGSA launched the Fairbanks Morse Education Grant for Veterans which pays for the costs of obtaining EGSA Technician Certification for qualified applicants.
- EGSA was represented at several industry events in 2016, including 7x24, NFMT, Generac's Annual Dealer Conference and PowerGen International.
Your company's EGSA membership is overdue for 2017 renewal. Invoices went out in December. If you are responsible for renewing your company's membership and you have not seen the invoice, please contact Debby Robinson to receive a copy.
We will begin terminating members who have not renewed shortly.
Please help your Association by ensuring your company's membership is renewed today.