Below is a short segment that you could easily add to any newsletter you might send to parents. We are really trying to connect with parents this year and help you connect with them through Raising A Reader. Use it if you would like!
PARENT NEWSLETTER NUGGET:
The weather is getting nicer every day and that means that we are headed outdoors and sometimes on the road. The great news? Books travel well! Some easy bring-along ideas:
1. Put a book in your backpack to read during a break on a hike.
2. Fill the backseat on a car trip with books or listen to a book on tape instead of a video or music.
3. Have a picture book picnic where you read a book at the beginning of the meal and the end.
4. Build a "reading fort" outside and visit it often with favorite books.
5. There will be some rainy days.... so visit the local library and find some new favorites!