NaBITA Member Newsletter
October 18, 2017
Tip of the Week
The Interaction Between Case Management and BITs
By Brian Van Brunt, Ed.D.
There are often a host of questions related to case management and BITs. This week's tip focuses on some questions and reflections that may be useful when considering the interaction between the two.
Introducing the NaBITA 2017 Whitepaper:
Addressing Disruptive and Dangerous Behavior in the Classroom and Around Campus
Faculty and staff on college campuses are on the frontline of working with students in every aspect
of the college experience. While this work is essential and rewarding, it can also be demanding, draining and difficult. Our best intentions
for a student can be derailed when the student becomes
disruptive, and our best efforts are challenged when faced with dangerous behaviors.
of this whitepaper is to provide a brief overview of foundational concepts related to the management
of disruptive and dangerous behavior on campus. It can be shared with faculty and staff as a
resource for the attitudes and techniques helpful during these challenging scenarios.
Please click here to access this resource.
2017 Annual NaBITA Conference Discounted Hotel Room Block Closes Tomorrow!
Reserve Now: Discounted Hotel Room Block Closes Tomorrow, Thursday, October 19th
2017 NaBITA Conference
hotel room block is filling very quickly, and discounted room rates will end tomorrow.
If you have registered, or are considering attending, and have not yet made your room reservations, we encourage you to do so today so that you are able to receive the group rate and ensure your stay at the
Registration Deadline is in Two Weeks on November 3, 2017
through Friday, November 3rd for the 2017 NaBITA National Conference and the NaBITA Campus Threat Management Institute in San Antonio.
Visit our website
to learn more about what's included in your conference registration.
Announcing the NaBITA October-December Membership Promotion
NaBITA announces new incentives toward becoming a member at the Campus level!*
NaBITA Campus members receive the following benefits:
- Weekly member newsletter featuring a Tip of the Week and Resource Spotlight
- Access to the NaBITA Listserv
- Discounted registration to the Annual NaBITA Conference
- Discounted registration to Certification Trainings
- Access to a wealth of member resource materials
Purchase a new Enhanced Campus Membership prior to December 31, 2017 and receive additional promotional items:
- The New Orleans Interviews. The New Orleans Interviews consist of two trainings to help student affairs professionals and those interested in threat assessment better understand the practical, hands-on techniques used in an assessment. This online training was created by Brian Van Brunt, Ed.D. to demonstrate the principles of threat assessment evaluations for counselors, conduct administrators, law enforcement, and campus administrators who are members of a Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT). The New Orleans Interviews are an excellent source for tabletop training exercises and training materials for the BIT and campus counseling services. ($499 value)
- Audio Essentials (all 5 episodes). Audio Essentials is an innovative product line offered by The NCHERM Group for the busy higher education professional. We've crafted 30-minute audio episodes on the most relevant and critical topics in higher education today, so faculty and staff can listen on the road, in the car, on the plane-or while multitasking at work. You decide when you want to listen. ($245 value)
- A Window Into BIT. A Window Into BIT is a video-based training tool to enhance campus BIT and student of concern team professional development. Watch national behavioral intervention team experts and campus practicioners model a BIT meeting as they role-play key team roles. The one-hour video comes with a detailed transcript, sample documentation from the meeting, and discussion questions for your team to use as a training tool to better understand how to develop and improve BIT meetings. ($299 value)
Interested in saving even more? Purchase a Charter membership, which provides you with 2-years of Enhanced level access for $2200 - save nearly $400 over 2 years.
*This promotion applies only to new Standard Level, Enhanced Level, or Charter Level members, including any upgrades from the Individual or Case Manager membership levels. Enhanced/Charter members have access to products and services at a tremendous value versus purchasing them "a la carte," including 1 complimentary registration to the Annual Conference.
For any additional information or to discuss this promotional offer in detail, contact
, Vice President for Client and Member Relations at (610) 993-0229, ext. 1009.
2017 NaBITA Training Events
Host a Training Event!
Should your campus/school/organization look to host an on-campus Training Event, NaBITA is currently collecting
Request for Proposals
for campus host sites for the 2018 calendar year.
A list of available training programs can be found here.
Resources Available for Purchase
Membership Renewal Reminder
If your NaBITA membership expires in September, October, or November, now is the time to renew. Renew your NaBITA campus membership for as low as $639! Please download our membership renewal form
, or click
to renew online.