The California Blueprint for Environmental Literacy provides important opportunities
to integrate environmental literacy throughout the K-12 education system. This Blueprint is a collaborative project between the California Department of Education's Environmental Literacy Task Force, the Glen Price Group and many other stake-holders statewide.
Five working teams spent over a year outlining goals and recommendations in these areas:
1. Learning Environments and Expanding Reach
2. Instructional Materials and Educator Professional Learning
3. System Integration of Environmental Literacy with Common Core, NGSS,
STEM and other current initiatives such as EEI
4. Learning Outcomes and Monitoring and Assessment of Environmental Literacy
5. Sustainable Funding for Environmental Literacy
This plan lays the groundwork for how ALL students can enjoy equal access. The outcome should be environmentally literate adults able to understand, tackle and
solve California's complex environmental concerns.