HOUSE NEWS: Well, we're officially home owners! Hooray! As of Halloween, we are living the American Dream and paying a mortgage!?! That's exciting on so may levels, but the best one is this: I will finally have a decent studio space for all of my crafts, arts, design and etc. It's also exciting for this reason: the constructions has begun! Here's a breakdown of what we're living through right now:
1. Most of our deck has been removed, a small 12x12 portion has been saved and a new hand rail and stairs are in place.
2. Our sunroom has new supports ... so that it doesn't collapse under us.
3. Our roof has been repaired ... so we don't get rained on, inside.
4. Our master bath has been ripped out.
5. The paneling in my studio has been removed.
6. Tile, tile accents, wood flooring, carpet, kitchen flooring, appliances and fixtures have been chosen.
What does this mean exactly ... well, it means that as of Monday, we'll be displaced, again. BUT - this time only for a week, as the contractor will be redoing both bathrooms at once, and getting the flooring installed. We should be able to "move in" before Thanksgiving if all goes well!
What does this mean for you? Not a whole lot. I'll be packing up my office and working off site for the days that we're not in our home, I won't miss too much time, but please, if you're needing something and haven't heard from me, shoot me an email as a reminder, or give me a call!
HEALTH NEWS: We got the biopsy results back. It is not good. It's so easy to give up on being positive and hopeful at this point, but I'm still plugging along, and I couldn't be doing so without all of the amazing support, prayers, thoughts and love from all of you!
The Doktor (my husband) is in Stage 4 of colon cancer. It has spread to his liver. We are currently unsure of the size of the tumor on his liver, but it is operable. We have a plan of attack, which goes something like this:
1. Chemo. We have an appointment with our Oncologist on Friday (11th) to discuss our next step, which is a round or two of Chemo to stop the cancer in it's tracks. I will be unavailable this Friday.
2. Surgery. We have an appointment with a cancer surgeon specialist at Emory on Friday (18th) to discuss our surgical steps, which will include removing the section of colon that has the cancer, along with the tumor and surrounding areas of the liver that has the cancer. I will be unavailable this Friday.
3. Chemo. We will continue Chemo after the surgery is complete to ensure that there is no more cancer.
We're continuing to stay hopeful that because the doktor is so young (32) that we can treat it, cut it out, treat it and have him cured from this. We know this type of cancer is probably the best you could get and is completely treatable/curable, so we're keeping our heads held high, and moving forward with our every day lives as best we can.
I am working on a little support group that is helping us find the humor in all of our emotions, whether we're sad or angry - it's been very helpful ... if you'd like to post your support, you can find the group on facebook "Stab Cancer In The Face" ... I'm working on creating a website for this as well.
Again, thank you so very much, everyone, for all of your amazing well wishes and support you've sent our way. I'm going to to continue to work for you as hard as I can and take the time necessary for my family. But, if you should need anything, let me know! I'm here for you, as you have been for me, and I owe everyone a giant thank you... from the very bottom of my heart, and my husbands!
Your grateful graphic designer