Dear Mission Minded Friend,
Have you ever prayed for God to bless
you for the sake of
others? This is the prayer in Psalm
May God be gracious to us and bless us;
look on us with favor - Selah -
so that Your way may be known on earth,
Your salvation among all nations.
God's blessing upon us, his people, is meant so that others may know God and find salvation in him. When we pray for God to bless us, heal us, help us, do we do it with the heart that it will be ultimately not for ourselves? If we have been blessed because of God's grace and generosity, then that blessing will become a sign and a witness to the whole world. When God has blessed us, do we respond by becoming more generous and servants of others? Serving and giving is where true abundance and blessings come. For "it is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35), and "you will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way" (2 Cor. 9:11), and in being generous you will also "lay up for yourself treasures in heaven" (Mat. 6:20).
Be a blessing, for God has blessed you infinitely in Christ Jesus!
In this newsletter:
- Celebrate with Caribbean Youth Network in Cornelius
- GO Lunch for LFC missionaries Doug and Abby Vinez
- Homefront Week - GO with your Family in Our Own Backyard
- Be a Reading Partner for a CMS Student
- Ada Jenkins LEARN Works Drop In Opportunity
- Live Missionally with Apartment Life
- Foster/Adoption Community at LFC
- missio Dei Leadership Teams @ LFC
Yours in Christ,
Andy Muhich, Lake Forest missio Dei Team Leader
and the missio Dei Team